My 1970 Gt6 Mk2, or whats left of it!

Callan Hyde

Thought this may make some folks chuckle, pictured here is mk 1970 Mk2 Gt6, or as the title says, whats left of it!

Im going to be honest, with my current budget fresh out of college, this was about the only gt6 i could afford, With the going prices of complete cars for restoration, im glad i can weld as this one will be mostly done by the time it reaches them!

Obviously starting with a bare shell, its never going to be perfect and certainly not original. Im building it on a mk3 spitfire chassis and running gt6 front running gear, and 1500 spitfire rear drive shafts, brakes etc for the best of all worlds.

Engine wise, itll get whatever straight 6 comes available for the time being. Im slowly accumulating parts to put it back together. on the back burner currently until the finances become available to make a really nice job of it.

Pictures arent the best but you get the picture. Seen in one are some of my other projects. The Dolly was my 2020 daily, the 2000 has replaced it this year. 

IMG_20210402_094305.jpg

IMG_20210402_094257.jpg

IMG_20210401_202829.jpg

IMG_20210327_181437.jpg

IMG_20210327_181443.jpg

IMG_20210327_144159.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You'll get there Callan. A little here and there eventually adds up. 

You've likely seen my build. I started with no money, time, skills, room, or tools. I slowly acquired skills and tools, and dump money and time into it as I can. Every little bit helps. I still don't have room 😉