Crank shaft pulley

Will it ever run

A suitable socket and a long extension bar.
Rest bar on chassis or floor if you can reach. Give the starter a quick flick and it should undo. Make sure you have it the right way round though, and pull coil wire off so it doesn't start!
Tony.

we have a 1/2 and 3/8 drive rechargeable impact guns  cost a few bob but absolutely brilliant. the   1/2" will whizz the crank nut off in the blink of an eye,  most air powered wrenches require more air volume than the dinky compressors supply,  the rechargeable  goes anywhere  well worth a consideration if you do a fair amount of DIY

the smaller 3/8 is idea for and everyday nut and bolt , s/plugs etc,   they are just so useful and time saving

put one on your easter bunny wanted list

Pete  

nang wrote:
A suitable socket and a long extension bar.
Rest bar on chassis or floor if you can reach. Give the starter a quick flick and it should undo. Make sure you have it the right way round though, and pull coil wire off so it doesn't start!
Tony.

IMO this is the way to go. I did it on my Vitesse two days ago with no issues what so ever. The engine rotate clockwise when viewed from the front. So the spanner extension has to rest on the right side of the chassis when viewed from the front.
The picture shows the setup. As you can se I used a piece of cooling hose arround the spanner extension to protect the chassis:

regards Flemming

Archived