Front pulley GT6 engine Herald conversion

davidcourier

I would like to put an electric suction fan at the rear of my custom made radiator.(GT6 conversion in a 1200 herald coupe). As space is quite thight between the front GT6 pulley and the rear of the radiator,I would like to grade down the front pulley by 2cm and make a new lock-up ring...will this put the engine out of "balance"  ?

Don't think you will have any problem with balance.  Worth considering whether a Vitesse front pully would do the job without mods - Have an idea they are shorter?  In fact they may even be in two parts with the sticky out bit in the centre separating from the pulley part - can't remember - haven't had mine apart in 20 years......

Don't seem to have a pic...

Nick

Goody wrote:
David: What did you have to do to put the GT6 engine in.  What tranny and diff and rear 1/2 shafts are you using?

Quite simple, a friend of mine had a fully rebuild stage 3 GT6 engine with triple dellorto's for his GT6 convertible project, and as with many projects he ended it... so we put it in our Herald Coupe. It has a GT6 overdrive box (rebuilt with a stronger main shaft) an 1/2 shafts is a CV conversion from Canley

Archived