Camshaft help needed please.

TedTaylor

Sorry to make another plea on the Forum for help with bits.

I am urgently in need of a 308778 camshaft for the engine of the Mk1 PI estate because when I pulled the one out of the engine it was fu**ed  :-/!  They were fitted to the Mk1 PI, and I understand the Mk2 GT6 and Vitesse.

If anyone can help I would be grateful - again not asking for a freebie.

MUT

Thanks for the responses Christian and Nick.

Saw that CW had cams in stock, presumably reprofiled, but price is something that I am trying to avoid paying with all the other costs associated with my PI engine rebuild - regrind of the replacement crank with Tuftride and balance to increase life for example is very expensive.  Chris' camshafts are £120 exchange, £180 outright, both plus vat!
As I don't have any cam to exchange the higher price is what I will have to pay  :-/  I will check with Chris about his cams though.

I'll have to see if this plea produces a cam at a more reasonable price but time is running against me.  We need to get everything sorted by the end of August with engine back in the car and running to be sure of having the car ready for the RBRR.

MUT

Thanks for your observations Clive but because of its rarity I am trying to get this car back to its original specification as far as is possible (no criticism of previous owners who kept SCG together and on the road when it could easily have been scrapped/broken) ...... including the 'hidden' bits.  However if I find it impossible to get an original correct specification camshaft then I will go for a new/reground one to the original 308778 specification as the only practical alternative.

Cam followers purchased last year when some became available at the right price against such an eventuality as this.

TR5 cam - not really the most suitable for an estate ..... though would be fun in a saloon  :)

MUT