New TR6 on the block - Elvis

Darren Sharp

Dear Guys

I have just purchased a 37000 Mile TR 6 in Sapphire Blue it has had just three owners (including me) and has covered just 12000 miles since Elvis died in 1977! Most of that time it was hidden away in a Welsh garage covering just the trip to the MOT Station and back for many years. It was then bought in 2001 by a friend of a friend who is a motor engineer He serviced it through Manvers and did a number of European trips in it before laying it up in 2008. A chance meeting led to me becoming aware of it and I arranged to visit with my friend Dave. It was love at first sight and a deal was arranged. It is safely in my garage awaiting an inspection due to its lay up although it passed its MOT with no advisories. The weirdest thing is that the vendor had offered it to my MOT man a couple of years back and he was waiting for it to come in again to make an offer. Needless to say he was not too happy for me but after the MOT he had to say that it is a very nice car. I will post some Pics soon.

Darren

Congratulations. I've just got a 34K TR6 and it is fun!!

The histroy that cam with mine is amazing, the previous owners have loved the car, one of them even using it as a wedding car.

The beauty of a low mileage car is that the chances are it hasn't been messed with. The down side is that lots of stuff is likely to be stiff but that's easy to fix.

My advice is to get waxoyl everywhere.

Archived