Hello,
can anyone tell me if it will be possible for us to stay at the hotel in October? I got the information from the hotels that only workers are allowed to stay overnight and if we are not workers, we should cancel the booking.

So the question: keep the booking or cancel it?

Best regards

Marcus from Germany

Hi Marcus,

My co-driver booked into the Novotel 2 weeks ago (for October) with no problem; when did you book? They might be being cautious about overseas visitors - I bet they've had lots of cancellations over the last year. 

Tell them you're visiting for work and your job is exporting classic cars...

Hi Peter,

this was the first messege from the Novotel Hotel (after booking):

Dear Marcus Pieper

Thank you for booking Novotel Stevenage

This hotel is currently in Tier 4 and only work related stays are permitted within this tier. As per Gov guidance only take away food can be served

If you are living in tier 3 you must only travel for work purposes or other permitted travel purposes and you will need to provide information on arrival - You cannot stay at this hotel if you are traveling for leisure

Please check on www.gov.uk if you are unsure of which tier you reside in and to see what restrictions you need to follow. The Government are due to review this on/around 16th Dec so if your stay is after the review please check which tier we are in as there may be a charge to our services

If your stay is not a permitted stay please cancel or amend the booking

www.gov.uk will have more info

Kind Regards
Novotel Stevenage 

Tonight the answer to my E-mail:

Good Evening,

Please ignore the above message, we are in the process of updating the automatic messages. By September all restrictions should be lifted.

Kind Regards
Novotel Stevenage 

So all ok and we are happy to come to the RBRR 2021☺️