dolly 1500 auto engine?

mpbarrett

I have a chance to get a dolly 1500 engine to use in my Herald. The engine is coming from a Dolly 1500 Auto. The body has been used for a Sprint so the engine is going cheap.
I have a few questions, is the the Auto engine any different from a manual 1500? As it had an auto box on it I need a new fly wheel for it, anyone know if a herald 13/60 one fit?

cheers
mike
BTW if this has been covered before or the info is somewhere then any links much appreciated!

[quote=mpbarrett]

I have a few questions, is the the Auto engine any different from a manual 1500?

I need a new fly wheel for it, anyone know if a herald 13/60 one fit?
quote]

There is no difference in engines.

The flywheel from memory you have to drill out the 4 bolt hole and fit the spiggot bearing

Rimmers do all the bits for this

Early type flywheels with 3/8” diameter bolt holes CAN be fitted to crankshafts that have 7/16” drillings by carefully ‘centre drilling out’ the 4 holes to 7/16” and using 4 later type bolts

Later type flywheels (TKC1840) with 7/16” diameter bolt holes CAN be fitted to crankshafts that have 3/8” drillings by using one of our Bolt/Bush adaptor kits, which include 4 (3/8”) fixing bolts, and 4 machined bushes. Both early & late flywheels use the same locating dowels.

Archived