2.5 Engine Anyone

MCLARKE32

Hi all,  

As most of you will know I am stripping a 2.5 at the mo, got most of it stripped, just got to tackle the Front end now as want the bumper and a few other bits.

The 2.5 engine is there but there are a couple of bits I want of it. so I was just going to throw it out there that if any one wants a 2.5 engine then make me an offer for it, thing is that you will have to come and remove the engine your self from the car, as I was going to do it but decided against it now. I will be on hand to help with the removal of the engine if I am not working!

Not sure if the engine runs as not been able to start it as bits of the ignition were missing from the car, I have been able to turn the engine over by hand and it turns over.

So if there is any one out there that wants it let me know.  Other wise it will be stripped for anything I can use and then sent to the big scrap yard in the sky.

Located in Stalybridge, out skirts of Manchester

Cheers

It will have most of the stuff in the pic apart from the altanator, I will be having the Radiator from the car, I can throw in the Distributor, I have removed this, at the moment.

rake servo has been removed as need to remove this to take the Pedal out in side the car,

Air box will be going with the car as i don't need it.  

I will get a Picture of the engine in the next day or so as i am in work again tonight so will not be able to do much today, put will get a picture and upload so you can see what it is like at the moment.

let me know if you are interested in the engine

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,  

Only had one person say they want it and no one else????

Haveyoubooked, you never came back to me with a offer for the engine, if you want it make me an offer and we will go from there?

Anyone else out there that might be interested then you need to have made contact before Tuesday Morning as not much left for me to do on the car and then it can go, so if i have not heard by 11am  Tuesday morning i will commence strip of the engine for the bits i can use.

So much for my 2 week deadline to get this stripped and gone, work getting in the way!!!!!!

Hi there,
I am in DK so would need the thing packed on a pallet (I could then arrange a courier)...

I am after complete engine inc PI gear (also the pump/PRV from the boot) if there is an OD box I will have that to :-)

My offer would be the going rate for PI gear + surcharge value for crank cam etc...

• 1 month later...

Hi All,  

I have finally got the engine in 2, head is off and the pistons look to be fine no issues at all!!

So i am thinking now that I have the top of, i am going to cut the front end off and then if there is any interest in it then i will drop the rest of the engine out of the car, speaking to my brother he has said there should be no reason as to why the engine won't run.

So make me an offer and i will come back to you to let you when i have it fully removed from the car.

Cheers
Matt

Archived