Pi engine refresh

CRAJ

With my Pi being the saloon of choice for the RBRR this year and not wanting to repeat Mr.Chatterton's oil use in 2010 some investigation into the oil consumption was needed.
BTW it does not smoke on anything like the scale of BWK at the time, so......For something a little different at our local meeting (and because I have been busy recently) I decided to do a compression test in the car park after enjoying my dinner inside.
Results were, that with a warm engine the range was 120-135 psi across the six cylinders with no.4 giving the lowest reading. Not that bad ?
A wet test was then carried out on no.4 only (as it had the lowest reading)resulting in a new reading of 180 psi.
General opinion on these readings and FRanK's smoking habits normally would all suggest worn rings.
With this in mind I will be removing the cylinder head and hoping to find standard size pistons and some bore wear which can be honed a little. I have a set of standard Cords rings and a selection of shells and thrusts, Payen gaskets and enthusiasm. I also have 4 weeks roughly to the National!

Colin