Early engine wtd

Davemate

If it helps and for info for myself. My original 2000 rally engine is engine number mb23483 the later engine ive just aquired is mb48128. Neither has the large square mount. So does the larger square mount casting only appear on mkII 2000 blocks and not narrow head 2000 mk1s? I presume its to get the extractor manifold to fit.
Dazzer

Ok Pic is good. No not on either of my blocks they have a smaller mount dummy further back which clears the extractor pipes OK.

Ted Your engine is a nice early 64 at 13392, Mine is a Feb 65 at 23483 so approx 10k units inbetween if they run in numerical order and the yearly production was there or thereabouts then 48128 my other engine must be pushing 67/68?

Davemate you have later core plugs on yours as well. An improvement in my book as I've had to fit retaining straps on mine (earlier dished type) and they do like to pop out in competition.

Is yours a 68 motor Dave?

I sold an engine on ebay not so long ago, it came out of a 64 b reg saloon that was to be scrapped, it ran great but had been standing many many years.
There was not much interest but it was purchased by a guy who isn't actually gonna use it, so he later purchased a mk11 engine from me which he will use. There is no engine number but it was a pre square mount, if its of any use i could speak with him about his plans for it.

1526 wrote:
I think the square mount referred to relates to the use in the GT6 and is largely obsolete for use in the big cars.  I believe it dates to 1966 and later - can anyone confirm!

Yes GT6 & Vitesse engine mounts, presumably commonised with the Saloon as stock of the earlier block was consumed.

Only needed for PAS, and the Plenum on PI's.

Richard_B wrote:

Yes GT6 & Vitesse engine mounts, presumably commonised with the Saloon as stock of the earlier block was consumed.

Only needed for PAS, and the Plenum on PI's.

CW recommends grinding it off if running a 2000 non PAS as part of a weight reduction exercise for the front of the car.

MUT