Engine and subframe - remove as one?

heraldcoupe

I have the interior stripped out of my spare Acclaim, I now need to take out the major mechanical units before scrapping the shell. So far I have been working unassisited. With this in mind, I am wondering if it is possible to raise the front of the car over the entire front subframe, with engine stayong in the subframe. Unsurprisingly, there's nothing on doing this in any of the manuals I have.
So is it possible, and has anyone done this? Should I just bite the bullet and pull out the engine first?
Cheers,
Bill.

• 2 months later...

The engine and gear box can be removed together one the drive shafts have been removed and the gear selector has been disconected its held in place with a roll pin, disconect  wiring and pipes and it can then be lifted out as on unit , when i took the engine out of mine it took me about an hour, it is possible to take it out with the cross member still attached but you will have to lower it out through the bottom and would be at lot more difficult if you are doing this at home because ot hthe hight you would have to lift the car to get the engine out

Archived