Engine dies under load

AngryBaldMan

As you were all so goo with my wheel question, I thought I'd ask another. I'm running everything standard except accuspark ignition. The engine fires up well, idles all day, and can rev nice and fast. However, as soon as you try and move the car it seems to miss and bog down, until it eventually stalls. If you stop moving you can recover it, but it does the same again, straight away.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Loads of things that can be wrong and you really have to satrt at the beginning and work your way through
Is the fuel pumping (has it a primer)
Needle valve not allowing fuel (needs removing ,blowing)
Blocked jet tube(sometime the rubber washer against the olive ,against float bowl degrades allowing bits to block)
Sticking jet or choke(small amount of vaseline to jet slide,check for movement up and down)
Carbs set correct(to get running,screw jets up to base of carb,with piston off, set up correct later)
Paper air filters clogged (remove try running without)
Timing(check with strobe if standard,on timing marks)

Just a few things to be going on with

You will be amazed of the amount of dirt you most likely find in the carbs, but on the other hand it is a very easy rebuild if you approach it methodically. Take LOTS of pictures when taking them apart, will save you some headaches. If you need a rebuild kit look up Andrew Turner on ebay, he sell very good stuff.
Cheers!

3182 wrote:
You will be amazed of the amount of dirt you most likely find in the carbs, but on the other hand it is a very easy rebuild if you approach it methodically. Take LOTS of pictures when taking them apart, will save you some headaches. If you need a rebuild kit look up Andrew Turner on ebay, he sell very good stuff.
Cheers!

Go direct....to Burlen Fuel Sytems
http://www.burlen.co.uk/

Take needle valve from float and check for cleanliness and the spring activity in the plastic needle body

• 2 weeks later...

Archived