Dolomite Sprint Fuel Injection

mikeyb

I've been thinking about injecting my Sprint for a while now, but apart from lack of spare time, one of the barriers have been working out what to do for an inlet manifold.  

Any ideas other than an expensive bespoke route?

Edited by mikeyb

Weber inlet, and use a pair  of jenveys?

There are throttle bodies that copy SU's too. 

I suppose you could use teh existing manifold, get some injector bosses welded in, and make a plenium to suit the existing carb pattern. Depends what you are trying to achieve. 

44 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

Yes I had heard about the Weber manifold route, they don't seem to be very common and have eluded me so far!

Yeouch!  Just seen the price of Jenveys 😞

eBay has cheap pairs of 45DCOE throttle bodies for £335 I’m sure there not as well built as the Jenveys but might be worth a punt and rallydesign do a manifold for them for about the same price.

36 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

Shame about the horrendous postage costs!  Good thought though I am unsure if the bolt holes look right without having the car in front of me.

No thermostat housing. 

You could cut the std manifold, fit bike throttle bodies using silicone hose. Or get flanges welded on, or a plenium. Lots of choices. Some will give better results than others, but generally be more expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...