Race Triumph 2500 PI for sale

Sadly my fantastic race triumph 2500 pi is for sale, well known hill climb, sprint all major tracks done in last 10 years with bmw 325 i m20 engine

I need to reduce my collection cars,[tr7 v8, pi saloon,mk1 golf gti conv,ren 25] now old and grey!! This race car would be great for RBRR, as it is only driven to and from events all over the country, is on classic cars on ebay but think it would be of more interest to  yourselves  as its cheap and very solid with race history and loads of spares inc, too much to list here but please ring for full info [tr register  and sdmc club member].

I love it its quick and has been fantastically reliable in all the years I have had it, I am sure its known as its like the 1970s rally car white /black bonnet, silver mini/l, full 8 point cage from jigsaw racing, firwall, perspex windows, etc etc but I still have all the bits I took out, heater, window glass with winders x4, rear seat [black cloth] good, rear door caps but not the door cards, front are still in place, recap, bmw 325i m20 engine with 5 sp bmw gear box, 2 piece bm prop, rebuilt front brakes with b/hoses, rebuilt [just] m/cyl, spares, inc lovely set of wheels with toyos 888r road legal tyres, new starter, new w/pump, used diff with pinion shaft [rebuilt] used sump, and lots more.

Please call 02085008482 (rob) and pics.

• Ben Hutchings changed the title to Race Triumph 2500 PI for sale
4 hours ago, vitessesteve said:

Please would you add the location and price of the car. Also any photos you can add would make it easier for a buyer to know what you are offering

Please at least provide a link to your eBay advert as like Tim I can't find it.

@rob welch

hello,ig7 6jt chigwell essex, i want £4000 with all spares inc great car ,02085008482 rob

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4144.JPG

6 hours ago, vitessesteve said:

Please would you add the location and price of the car. Also any photos you can add would make it easier for a buyer to know what you are offering

@rob welch

hello steve,hope you found the add,classic cars for sale on ebay, was 1st car on add,but please anyone interested give me a ring for full info,02085008482 rob chigwell essex ,£4000 with all spares inc,[diff ,wheels,starter,alt,w/pump etc ,i will send pic now cheers rob

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

On 27/08/2021 at 08:29, vitessesteve said:

@rob welch

hello steve, sorry for any confusion about my add pi race car for sale, your web site is very stress for a grey haired old b------d like me, why i am giving up the pi  possibly  !!!  hope you did find it ok ,not getting enough use now only north weald sprint 1 aug , since l/down and retirement last year ,anyway if interest please call for info cheers rob[tr reg and sdmc member] many years ,02085008482 ,chigwell essex ,only £4000  ,[roll cage was over £2500] to make, striped out and full 8 point cage ,fire wall etc etc great car for the rbrr inc all spares .

so sorry to anyone who was interested in my pi with bmw engine, i have taken deposit and should be taken away by james from durham poss this weekend [lucky lucky guy !!!] i just really hope he has as much fun as i did [ nearly  10 years] , i will have to console myself with my tr7/v8 [10 years], and other toys might even think about rbrr sounds like fun thanks again guys for interest cheers rob welch

15 hours ago, mikeyb said:

Drat, only just seen this post - car looks like loads of fun, glad a new home has been found!

hello mike, thanks yes was, in 9 years never raced against another one !! thats what ticked my box,and i did not app how solid  it was,[deff to b-----y cheap] but anyway if i had not sold it i would deff  do rbrr looks great fun and how many saloons !!!! bm engine great but i did not know how powerful they were and fully expected it to go bang !! but i was wrong ! so hopefully i might still meet you guys in the future,i will use my v8 instead  lets hope its as strong as pi and reliable [i always drove the pi to every event[and home]! cheers for now rob welch [essex group tr]