1965 Vitesse Convertible Restoration

RCampbell

My Vitesse 1600 MK1 that I bought 18 years ago as a restoration project, has sat in various garages while I have owned it, it is currently in a sad state having languished in its current garage for 10 years without any work being completed on it.

My son is now 12 and my daughter 8 both being a significant factor in the restoration stalling (along with a GT6 MK3 restoration that was completed early on), I have decided that now is the time to get back to work on the car and to get the children involved in the process, the problem I am discovering is that parts do not seen to be as available as they once were which is looking like it may cause me a few challenges, any assistance members can give on where I can get a pair of new uprated front road springs would be helpful!

First task, setup a work bench in the garage and get the area around the car cleared! then go through the boxes and boxes of parts that I have to determine what I need and what I dont, I know that I have lots of spares to sell which will help fund the restoration.

Anyway pictures below on when I bought it and now, not sure that it looks better now but considering the chassis was sand blasted and painted along with the tub it actually is in a better state now (I think), I have included a picture of just before it went into the garage mid resto.

1e_3.jpg

20210828_110709[1].jpg

P1000349.JPG

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anthony said:

Where are you based?.....and do you want to sell your Rotoflex rear suspension components?

I am in Maidstone in Kent, and at the moment I am not sure, I have more than one complete set of rotoflex though but do not think I have two whole sets...

to be honest I will not make a decision on that until I have sorted through everything in the garage figured out what I have and also made the decision whether I want to invest in an upgrade the rotoflex.

On the subject of sorting through the stuff in the garage, I have just found a box with a load of Super flex bushes in it, brand new in packaging, looks to be front inner wishbones (both sides) along with trunnions, steering rack mounts and another I have yet to identify, result!

On the Superflex website these are around £220 worth!

Edited by RCampbell

2 hours ago, RCampbell said:

I am in Maidstone in Kent, and at the moment I am not sure, I have more than one complete set of rotoflex though but do not think I have two whole sets...

to be honest I will not make a decision on that until I have sorted through everything in the garage figured out what I have and also made the decision whether I want to invest in an upgrade the rotoflex.

No worries.

I'm looking to change the rear set-up on my Herald to the Rotoflex system.

I already have the CV driveshafts, so if you decide you want to sell some vertical links; wishbones; radius arms; leaf spring, etc. I'll be happy to buy them from you.

Edited by Anthony

2 hours ago, RCampbell said:

On the subject of sorting through the stuff in the garage, I have just found a box with a load of Super flex bushes in it, brand new in packaging, looks to be front inner wishbones (both sides) along with trunnions, steering rack mounts and another I have yet to identify, result!

On the Superflex website these are around £220 worth!

Excellent find!

A lot of people prefer the Superflex bushes to the other offerings.

Superflex bushes come with stainless tubes meaning no need to worry about corrosion at a later date 👍🏼