Vitesse Reversing Light

Pete Arnold

I have recently got my Vitesse reversing light working reliably and want to keep the original style fitting.  However realising that the 10watt bulb was rather dim, I've changed it for a 21watt which obviously is a bit brighter.

This got me thinking.  Is there a suitable negative earth LED available which would fit the existing bulb holder and provide an even brighter light?  I've had a look at a few suppliers' websites but am now rather baffled!

Can anyone give me a definite reference number(s) for a suitable LED(s) with the correct opposite pin fitting.

I don't have a Vitesse reversing light to hand - but if you are referring to using a 21w indicator style bulb for your upgrade, then the LED equivalent would be something like this.  

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/brake-tail-light-bulbs/products/12v-ba15s-21w-led-4014-smd-bulb-classic-vehicle-p21w-glb382

It is the combined brake/tail lamp bulbs that have the offset pins. 

Edited by mikeyb

yes the free to download workshop manual says the Vitesse should have a 21w Lucas 382 bulb for reversing.

Theres plenty of these available on ebay in LEDs of different types and although they should all have a light output limited to 21w Im sure some will be brighter then others (probably in proportion to price)...