The Green Dolomite

Clive

After owning the red toledo for 13 years, it has become beyond fixing. So a replacement  was sought, and this turned up. Owned  by an elderly gentleman for about 20 years, and well looked after. He did seem to scuff the car a lot, fixed with a smear of filler and a squirt of aerosol. But actually pretty good.

I say that, but he paid a lot to have a wheel arch repaired,  but it was done with tape and filler. And there is some welding to be done.

And I have I mention Lucy would like it for her wedding car. 9th October. Not long, I will try....and there may be a bit of temporary  bodging with yet more aerosols....

16321359560845291281466267563769.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, yorkshire_spam said:

What finally finished the Toledo off Clive? Good luck getting the green-machine sorted for the 9th! 

A pillars, and since bought in 2008 the area around behind the headlights has simply not been there.  Roof seams were fibreglassed soon  after purchase, and still no bubbling. But many many other areas have reached the point where it is either a full resto, or cheaper/easier/faster is to start with something better. Especially as I need the running gear from the tech, as the green one will he fully sprintified (though no rush, mechanically it is very good)

• Like 1

Yep. It is not going to be overdone, more a functional set of repairs. Doors will have to wait, fibreglass will be ok for the wedding.

Pleased with the axle stands, working height means ican sit with the sills at eye height, better than having to lie down to weld,  I hate it when a bit of weld goes in my ear...

Just now, Clive said:

Pleased with the axle stands, working height means ican sit with the sills at eye height, better than having to lie down to weld,  I hate it when a bit of weld goes in my ear...

Yeah, I hate the way molten metal and gravity spoil my day when welding. I had a blob drop down the side of my work boot once. No matter how hard you try it is not possible to unfasten those boots quickly. I'm hopeful that there's not too much more welding to be done on our Dolomite - just LOTs of paintwork.