Triumph TR7 Parts

Howard

As many of you my trusty Oporto Red TR7 YAC167X having completed many RBRR's & 10CR met its end in an accident last month while I was checking it for this year's RBRR. The body will be crushed, but many other parts are available and in good condition. Car has completed RBRR, 10CR and a C2C since then with no sigificant issues.

1. Complete engine/gearbox/propshaft/back axle including radiator and electric fan. Engine was rebuilt 10k miles ago & gearbox 20k. £1250
  2. Black vinyl hood complete with frame and hood bag £125
  3. Head removal tool £125
  4. Spare engine (condition unknown, but useful for those missing/damaged parts) £25

Other items open to offers:-

• Bonnet
  • Boot lid with MG Montego spoiler fitted
  • Air inlet scoop
  • Headlamp pods (pair)
  • 1 Pair of seats blue/check seats with decent covers (I suspect the covers are original since they seem more substantial than the usual replacements) , but could do with new foams and rubbers (These are from my replacement TR8 since I am swapping the rebuilt seats from the old car)

Collection only, and all items will be removed from car before sale. Unfortunately I have to quarantine for the next few days, but you can inspect the items live through a WhatsApp video call - PM me if you need my number.

I hope the parts are used for cars that are driven and not simply parked in garages!

Cheers

Howard

Edited by Howard
missing word

• 3 weeks later...

Beans,

A lot of panels could be saved if anyone is interested, but they need to move quickly before the shell is crushed.

Panels that could be saved include, but would require to be cut off shell:-

Boot lid

Boot floor

Drivers side rear and front wings

Bonnet

Nose panel

I agree totally about the scarcity of panels, but sadly I don't have space to store them for myself 😞

H

PS my replacement S+S TR& V8 conversion is keeping my TR7 fix going. Just needs to be tweaked to my satisfaction

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Colin,

Sorry cant help with the steering column, but would like to check why you are fitting power steering. I have Falken 195/55 tyres on my current TR7 V8 & used to have Continental 185/50's on my previous 7 neither of which have power steering & aside from very low speed parking manoeuvring the steering is light and gives good feedback - to the extent that my regular co-driver (who normally drives Tesla or BMW Z4) thought it was already fitted with power steering!

Its worth checking the top of the struts are properly greased & if its still marginal, fit a roller bearing kit at the top of the struts since these are two very inexpensive ways of improving the car.

Welcome to the club and hope to see you on one of the events soon. TR7's are brilliant for the long distance events since they are comfortable and the tank is good for just under 400 miles when filled right up which makes finding open petrol stations less of a challenge.

Cheers

Howard