Petrol tank lever on 13/60 Herald

The lever serves to 'switch' the pick up pipe from main to reserve. In the normal position it points towards the back of the car, in reserve position it points to the right. It is a very basic system that just turns the pick up pipe a bit lower in the tank.

There is a label on the tank top to show this  - well there should be/was. The label is still available I think from some suppliers. One of the experts will be along in a minute to give you the part number and who has them.

3 hours ago, Rosbif said:

There is a label on the tank top to show this  - well there should be/was. The label is still available I think from some suppliers. One of the experts will be along in a minute to give you the part number and who has them.

Well, I'm no expert but this gives me an excuse to make my first posting on the new website!

The Reserve Tank Transfer for Herald/Vitesse is part no 125061 and is available from Canley Classics, James Paddock or Rimmer Bros.

Edited by Pete Arnold
spelling correction
  • admin changed the title to Petrol tank lever on 13/60 Herald

Remember, this is a lever to switch between clean fuel and the fuel with added crappy flakey bits of scale that settle in the bottom of the tank.

It's a very simple mechanism, if you take the pipe out of the tank it's just a curved pipe.

Leave it on 'main' and never got to 'reserve' unless you're confident your tank is clean 🙂