Covid Restrictions in Scotland

Took a test drive down to Carlisle a week or so back and was astounded how different it was to back home in Scotland.

In the Tesco filling station, no one other than staff were wearing masks, which made me realise that Scotland and England have differences, in attitude alone, when it comes to Covid prevention.

In Scotland when you enter a premises such as the Seaview Hotel, Falls of Shin Centre and the Gartcosh Works Social Club controls, you will be expected to be wearing a mask and you will be asked for your name, telephone number and the time of your visit for Track and Trace purposes.

You must continue to wear your mask until you are seated for food or drink.

You must wear your mask if you are standing.

Sitting down without eating or drinking still requires you to wear a mask.

This is not optional, it is the Law in Scotland.  You can be asked to leave the premises, which won't put Club Triumph in a good light.

At Kinross Motorway Services, Skiach and any other petrol station, you will be required to wear a mask when you enter the building.

The last thing Club Triumph needs is a spike in Covid cases in John O'Groats after we have visited.

Central Scotland and North Lanarkshire, where I live and where Gartcosh is located, has currently one of the highest rates of Covid in Europe.

Don't be a dick, wear your mask, you're representing Club Triumph and I'm sure we would like to use these locations again in the future.

Jim  (currently Covid free).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tim, in Scotland all premises such as the Seaview are required to take details including the time of your visit. 

Without that, if you retired at Wetherby, you could be needlessly asked to self isolate from a possible contact at John O'Groats. 

Many of the places we visit in the far north are not like in England with a large hospital nearby. 

A Covid outbreak in these areas has a bigger impact than in heavily populated cities. 

The fact is that rules in Scotland are different from England and are probably different to those in Wales but I don't know much about them since I don't live there. 

Does anyone have knowledge about what's the situation is there?

Jim.  

Unless there is any dishonest activity, Getting roadbooks signed when you are not with it, We don't need to personally provide any details to the places we visit as the marshalls are gathering that information via the check sheet as they sign the roadbooks.

The time of signing is always entered.

Also RallyApp is providing a highly accurate record of the location of the vehicle during the course of the event.

To have 400 people queuing up to fill out a signing in sheet will create long queues.

• Like 1