Front torsion bar - Poly bush

Topic63

When you say "front torsion bar" I assume you mean the anti-roll bar? Not a huge amount of tension. You should jack the car up (and put it on axle stands) for access, at which point the only tension it carries is if the bar itself is bent or the suspension is uneven side-to-side.

If you're doing the wishbone bushes you'll be unbolting the links at the ends of the ARB anyway. If the first one you loosen looks to be pulling down then put a jack under to take the strain. If it looks to be pushing up, do the other side first (and use the jack there). Once uncoupled, the mounting U-bolts are only supporting the weight of the bar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobPearce said:

When you say "front torsion bar" I assume you mean the anti-roll bar? Not a huge amount of tension. You should jack the car up (and put it on axle stands) for access, at which point the only tension it carries is if the bar itself is bent or the suspension is uneven side-to-side.

If you're doing the wishbone bushes you'll be unbolting the links at the ends of the ARB anyway. If the first one you loosen looks to be pulling down then put a jack under to take the strain. If it looks to be pushing up, do the other side first (and use the jack there). Once uncoupled, the mounting U-bolts are only supporting the weight of the bar.

Thanks, it’s what I hoped 👍