Extra Long Bolt - Required

Greta

I generally resort to fire. Burn the rubber  lots of smoke, then knock the outer steel part out  or hacksaw it if stubborn.

But a length of studding should do what you need. Toolstatipn_screwfix sell metric  stuff very cheaply. Or if you have an idea of bolt length, I can have a look for something next week when home from hols

Hi Nuala

I've got surplus threaded bar and nuts  you can have, from an unsuccessful attempt at making a spring compressor. If not I've also got a set of different sized hole cutters if you want to borrow them. Having tried Clive's method I wouldn't recommend it, spent days trying to get rid of the smell of burnt rubber!

Dave

21 hours ago, Batch said:

Hi Nuala

I've got surplus threaded bar and nuts  you can have, from an unsuccessful attempt at making a spring compressor. If not I've also got a set of different sized hole cutters if you want to borrow them. Having tried Clive's method I wouldn't recommend it, spent days trying to get rid of the smell of burnt rubber!

Dave

The trick is to make sure the wind will carry the smoke away from your house, and your neighbours are ideally out. Certainly no washing drying  in the garden. Smelly, yes. But very effective and takes little physical effort. But I have been using poly bushes for years, so not needed to remove rubber ones.