HELP - ARB Poly bush

Topic63

I’ve just replaced all the front bushes on my MK3 GT6 to poly and have a question regarding the ARB bushes.

I have the original clamping kit/U bolt. As I tighten the U-bolt to get the clamp to sit on the chassis the Poly bush distorts more than I would like??

Should these poly bushes distort or is it a case of tightening the clamp just enough to keep its shape (Torque setting is only 4lb/ft) This would mean the clamp would not sit flat onto the chassis rail, alternatively is there a dedicated poly bush clamping kit.....🤷‍♂️

There has to be loads of you boys that have replaced these for poly......Thanks in advance 👍

5 hours ago, Guppy916 said:

Hi I fitted Rimmer's part No RG1307PBR on my Mk3 about 4/5 years ago torqued them up, I must say I didn't notice them being out of shape, every thing has been fine since no clunks or horrible noise's 

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RG1307PBR

Same item but from different supplier, all good now.

some grease on the clamp brackets made a world of difference.

One job I’m glad I carried out.....Found one lower wishbone bracket loose and 2 shot drop links!!

At least least all the front end is now finally poly bushed 👍👍

5 hours ago, PeteStupps said:

Have you replaced them? I was going to do mine last year but the new ones ("powertune" branded rubbish) were sloppier than the old knackered ones... so I didn't change them.

I have just replaced all the front end with DuraFlex Poly bushes, all fitted perfectly 👍

My only concern were the ARB bushes but these are now fitting a lot better after some added grease.

I would add that the new drop links came from Powertune and I’m not impressed with the LH drop link, just doesn’t look right after fitting 🤔🤔

They are definitely not made to the same standard or quality as the old units. I’ll see how they perform and possibly upgrade them to the double ball joint version at a later date.

4 hours ago, Topic63 said:

I would add that the new drop links came from Powertune and I’m not impressed with the LH drop link, just doesn’t look right after fitting

Yes sorry it was just the ARB links I was referring to in my previous question. Was hoping you could tell me where to get decent ones!