Gaz adjustables it is.......🤷‍♂️

Topic63

11 minutes ago, Bish said:

What’s wrong with Gaz? 

Nothing wrong with Gaz as non-standard dampers, it’s just the fact that OEM style dampers are no longer available.

So rather than pay £50/£70 for a pair of adequate dampers, you are forced to pay £150+ for something you didn’t (given a choice) want 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Topic63 said:

Nothing wrong with Gaz as non-standard dampers, it’s just the fact that OEM style dampers are no longer available.

So rather than pay £50/£70 for a pair of adequate dampers, you are forced to pay £150+ for something you didn’t (given a choice) want 🤷‍♂️

Its just economics. As slimboyfat said at the beginning, the market is too small/niche to be able to make a production shock.

Gaz are, effectively hand building. Thats relected in the cost.

I'm happy with my Gaz on the Herald. Has anyone swapped new Gaz and Koni over on the same car in order to compare apples to apples?

Mine replaced standard dampers - second hand Gaz on rear, new up front. The front ones replaced brand new dampers which lasted three laps at Goodwood before they started to leak.

4 hours ago, roger keys said:

Its just economics. As slimboyfat said at the beginning, the market is too small/niche to be able to make a production shock.

Gaz are, effectively hand building. Thats relected in the cost.

But you can still buy standard units over the pond, these are KYB dampers rebadged to GSA280HD (off a GMC Truck) - There can’t be that many rotoflex GT6’s in the States either 🤷‍♂️

I suppose someone has latched on that they also fit the Triumph & being massed produced, they cream a few off for Triumph’s - I’m aware Spitbits sell them as GSA280HD.

There are companies within the UK that order and use the same damper, they’re just missing a trick/opportunity.

Edited by Topic63