NEC Classic Motor Show 2021 - Pictures

Darren Sharp

• Ben Hutchings changed the title to NEC Classic Motor Show 2021 - Pictures
10 hours ago, Craig said:

Great looking two door!

It really is, with the added nice story of the restoration being started by Chris’ late father and completed by Chris earlier this year. Beautifully and practically done.

Also Kevin’s Hurricane has some excellent engineering in the back end, I’m pleased @Darren Sharp encouraged me to have a look underneath and a chat with Kevin about it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tim Hunt said:

I must say Darren that's the best looking six cars I've ever seen on a C.T. stand - well done!! Sorrry I couldn't be there to enjoy the sight

Tim

Thank you Tim , we are a bit tucked away in hall 5 but loads of positive comments about the cars and the stand  and 14 new members so far . I’ve managed to get Richard Dredge over for a you You tube interview with Kevin for his Under the Radar series on unusual Classics , we’ve had visits from several Celebrities as well . 

Good stand with a nice mix of cars.  Better than TSSC stand - they went for the anniversary idea and filled it with Heralds.  What a waste.  TR Register has done similar in the past-  I think it was a stand full of TR6s one year.  People come to shows to see a range of cars and often to see a car they are thinking of buying.  It’s so disappointing to pay a load of money and see 6 cars you have no interest in.  If we want to encourage new younger owners they need to see the cars!  Well done. 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2021 at 21:56, Craig said:

Great looking two door!

Thank you, and to @Ben Hutchings also.

Excellent club stand, brilliant group of people and wonderful set of cars. Thoroughly enjoyed talking to the other club members and to the public.

Have to say it wasn't an enormous amount of fun driving the two hours back on the M42 and M40, all the moderns have such bright dazzling headlights, but we got there safely in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Howells said:

Thank you, and to @Ben Hutchings also.

Excellent club stand, brilliant group of people and wonderful set of cars. Thoroughly enjoyed talking to the other club members and to the public.

Have to say it wasn't an enormous amount of fun driving the two hours back on the M42 and M40, all the moderns have such bright dazzling headlights, but we got there safely in the end.

....and you get some funny looks in a Spitfire, 70mph, and top down in the middle lane of the M1

• Like 1