CT Showing cars at events

yorkshire_spam

I didn't want to hijack this thread 

But wanted to comment.... I appreciate people go to shows expecting to see concourse type cars - but how about having a representative "in use real CT car" at some of the shows?

I know at least 1 Spitfire owner in the north who doesn't get involved in classic car events because his car isn't (by his description) "smart enough" - as a club do we need to emphasize that participation in our events doesn't require a show quality car? That we are more of a get it driven than a get it polished ethos?

Edited by yorkshire_spam
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

The club has featured well used ones in the past on its stands.

I know Steve Radley had Gertie his hard driven and slightly tired 2000 at the NEC one year.

Slightly tired? It was positively knackered by the time I'd finished with it! 

Actually it was on the CT stand because it had won car of the year. 🙂

Yes Cars to show is the point of the thread to give people the chance to get theirs on the Shows team books . And yes We have featured RBRR cars regularly. Different shows have different needs and often the big shows have a theme. We also like to consider significant anniversaries for the Club or specific models. Cars used for events have featured but they are better suited to natural light rather than the critical electrical light of the NEC . The November show always has at least three pristine examples when we can get them because they draw people in and that’s the whole point of attending .. to attract new members. The MG and Triumph show often has daily drivers . And the Restoration show has well . Restoration projects. There is not a specific show to display Cars used in Club comps for example but many that are are also shiny and this year we featured Mike Charlton’s car which is just out of restoration but has been all over Europe on CT events and done many GB based ones . Next years NEC will feature modified cars and most of them have featured in CT events as well . 

• Like 1

My car was on the CT stand....and all the visitors were told that my car was the only one that had done and now again IS doing endurance events ....and did not have polished wheel arches. A list of all improvements made on the car was shown on the windscreen, and events listed eg:  numerous Dutch Nachtrits, RBRR, numerous ,10 CR`s, Historic Counties, etc etc

I only lifted the bonnet when asked.......as it was not glittering but seen as used 

Yes the upper /outer and cockpit looked nice....but the under bonnet came across as nice,neat and tidy.......but used

There was a Hurricane on the stand which looked beautiful, shiny and an interview on camera portrayed the beauty and pride...............but I don`t think it goes anywhere...or far....or enduring

12 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

My car was on the CT stand....and all the visitors were told that my car was the only one that had done and now again IS doing endurance events ....and did not have polished wheel arches. A list of all improvements made on the car was shown on the windscreen, and events listed eg:  numerous Dutch Nachtrits, RBRR, numerous ,10 CR`s, Historic Counties, etc etc

I only lifted the bonnet when asked.......as it was not glittering but seen as used 

Yes the upper /outer and cockpit looked nice....but the under bonnet came across as nice,neat and tidy.......but used

There was a Hurricane on the stand which looked beautiful, shiny and an interview on camera portrayed the beauty and pride...............but I don`t think it goes anywhere...or far....or enduring

I should add my own car has been on the stand , it’s shiny and it’s done three RBRRS, a 10CR , two C2C’s Two Border Raiders and countless other CT events over my 11 years of ownership it’s also done a host of outdoor events  . We do our best lol . As for Kevin’s Hurricane it has been finished after a ten year build so have him a chance lol 

• 2 weeks later...