10CR Entrants - The Cars!

1 hour ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Get underneath the car?

When the car failed on the Timmelsjoch one of the first things I did was checking underneath the car. At that point the prop shaft still was in its designed location and not hanging on the catch band. It dropped out sometime afterwards. As the prop wasn't turning at the time I thought it was either a clutch of gearbox failure.

This is my first 10CR and I’m coming from the states as part of team torpedo. I’m absolutely thrilled. I’m planning on driving, buying, and importing the reincarnated “Deuce” a converted Brown 1500 fwd…now has a sprint drive line complete with overdrive. It was driven and blown up in Italy during the last 10CR I believe. Engine has been rebuilt, it’s been painted and has a new vinyl top on the roof. More upgrades are scheduled prior to September. 

6F2ADF9B-33BE-4AD0-BD19-249B9AC49701.jpeg

21068CCD-3633-44E7-9A9E-26A93913F5BA.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim Bancroft said:

That is very nice.

Here is the Saloon I will inevitably use:

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-13 at 12.17.16.jpeg

Very nice 2k indeed!  Had a 68 Same color w red trim overdrive too. Couldn’t get out of its own way but a great car never the less. I live in the rust belt. You can imagine the rest. 

1 hour ago, sparky_spit said:

Your saloon is looking good Tim.... very nice.

Is that Dolomite Bill Goodwins' old car by any chance? It sort of looks familiar?  Again, very nice.

No idea?  It’d be fun to chat w the gent that did the original conversion fo sho!  I’ll ask team torpedo’s fearless leader see if he knows. This just in…not Bill Goodwin’s car

Edited by tr250

17 hours ago, sparky_spit said:

Your saloon is looking good Tim.... very nice.

Is that Dolomite Bill Goodwins' old car by any chance? It sort of looks familiar?  Again, very nicely prepared.

Bills car was ROO***L (or was it K?) Hence Dollyroo.

I did an RBRR with him in it, I even welded up a chassis leg on it. A good car, but I heard it had deteriorated since he left us. 

8 hours ago, Shynsy said:

Hi All,

Only on the reserve list. Hoping to do in our newly acquired RV8 stag (The Colonel), but if we don't get it prepared in time it'll be ol' faithful, the supercharged TR6. It loves those mountain passes!

Tim

2021-11-11 16.21.53.jpeg

Tim

I have garage envy!

Regards

Bruce