Missed out on the 10CR? Is there space for an additional continental event?

Jason

I would love to do something in Europe with my car. I find it difficult to get the time though, so would be more interested in a weekend event, or possibly long weekend? 

Living in the South East as I do means that it could be easier for me to take part in a quick euro blast, than say the RBRR? I dunno, but I’d certainly be interested! 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 22:01, Bish said:

Living in the South East as I do means that it could be easier for me to take part in a quick euro blast, than say the RBRR? I dunno, but I’d certainly be interested! 

The RBRR starts and finishes in the south east of the UK🤔

On 29/11/2021 at 22:01, Bish said:

I would love to do something in Europe with my car. I find it difficult to get the time though, so would be more interested in a weekend event, or possibly long weekend? 

Sounds like you need to do a Chinese Rally or a Nachtrit.

23 hours ago, thescrapman said:

Sounds like you need to do a Chinese Rally or a Nachtrit

Yeah I’ve seen Beans blog and it does look good. As VR has said above were gonna have to wait and see how things pan out with the virus. I would also need to bag a navigator from somewhere. I had a go at the table top rally and found that I am a dunce! 

1 hour ago, Bish said:

Yeah I’ve seen Beans blog and it does look good. As VR has said above were gonna have to wait and see how things pan out with the virus. I would also need to bag a navigator from somewhere. I had a go at the table top rally and found that I am a dunce! 

A dunce?....was on one Dutch night rally, and one of our `home` crew mis read a map........and finished up on what he thought was a ploughed field...

10 hours ago, Bish said:

They tend to be Tulips with distances (in miles usually, our Dutch friends are kind to us) and POI noted, such as town and village names.

So just need a working odometer and a navigator who can read in a moving car.

Like the idea of another run (being that I am on the reserve list for the 10CR!)

the TR register did one more than a decade ago which was up through scandinavia to the arctic circle. Was done in the summer so the nights were only a few hours long.. so less darkness driving!

Tim

• Like 1

On 03/12/2021 at 18:29, Velocita Rosso said:

Bought a digital odometer /speedometer off Tebay.....MPH/KPH/set max speed eg for advised speed/miles/km odo/1 hour wake up bleep etc etc £18.00 !!

I assume these have a trip meter, if they do how easy is it to reset? On a Tulip map you would need to reset double quick!

• 1 month later...
On 26/11/2021 at 12:48, Don Cook said:

I seem to recall that a few years ago one of our colleagues was keen on a Summer Solstice Run (Lands End to Felixstow) but it had to be dropped from this forum because the club wouldn't support it as it wasn't an official event and would not meet MSA rules...or something like that.

Don

That run, it would be to Lowestoft, would not be sanctioned by the MSA or MsUK as it is now know because of its Top Gear origins and the number members of the public doing it.

That run became the inspiration for the Coast 2 Coast Run, now shortly about to open its entry for the 4th running on 25th/26th June.

Cheers, Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Darren any myself are currently working on a run to the French Alps and south of France including a few of the 1959 Alpine Rally roads next year,  this will commemorate both 100 years of the Triumph Marque and also the great success achieved by the little Triumph Herald of the time ( video available on google - 1959 Alpine Rally) maybe this could become a regular event in the future more details will be posted as the run develops, no overnight drives are planned and the run should take 6-8 days driving around 250 miles per day at a sedate average of 50mph 

2 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Get driving you car!!  You should head a few miles north, there is life up here you know and no - we don’t have 6 fingers and webbed feet lol 😁

I most certainly will Wendy, don’t you worry! 

I can’t wait to escape the madness of the south east tbh. You lot up there have got it good!