Triumph Toledo - Front Wings NSF & OSF

JPyw

Possibly a two sided question but if anyone has an answer to either option it would be gratefully received  …. I’m hoping to use the winter / spring to work on getting my /my dads / uncles little Triumph Toledo back on the road & one area I’d like to tidy up is the top front section of both front wings as both have a rust patch (about the size of your palm on each of the front wings, and bizarrely in the same place / spot , despite the rest of both wings being just about perfectly fine ?).

So my request / question is ….

1) Are there any fabricated sections / patches available? 

OR…. If that’s not an option 

2) Dose anyone have a pair of Triumph Toledo RWD Front Wings for sale / that I could buy? Or know of any ?

Apologies for the slightly long message/question , Any help or assistance/advice/direction here would be massively appreciated.

Sincerely Jonathan 

1 hour ago, JPyw said:

Possibly a two sided question but if anyone has an answer to either option it would be gratefully received  …. I’m hoping to use the winter / spring to work on getting my /my dads / uncles little Triumph Toledo back on the road & one area I’d like to tidy up is the top front section of both front wings as both have a rust patch (about the size of your palm on each of the front wings, and bizarrely in the same place / spot , despite the rest of both wings being just about perfectly fine ?).

So my request / question is ….

1) Are there any fabricated sections / patches available? 

OR…. If that’s not an option 

2) Dose anyone have a pair of Triumph Toledo RWD Front Wings for sale / that I could buy? Or know of any ?

Apologies for the slightly long message/question , Any help or assistance/advice/direction here would be massively appreciated.

Sincerely Jonathan 

Common rust area, as it traps mud etc. No repair panels available.

New (old stock) wings turn up. Expect £400-500 each. Check ebay, that is where they seem to appear.

The TDC have made some excellent quality fibreglass wings, and indeed steel repair sections for other areas of the car. Most stuff is identical to the Dolomite range. https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=31388

But if it is just the wing tops, then making a repair panel should be possible.

As Clive said, a very common rust trap. My Toledo went there on the left side, my previous 1500 Dolomite had also gone there one side, as had my 1850.

Making repair panels is certainly possible - I did it twice! - but not trivial as there's some compound curvature involved. I made the patch in a few pieces and welded them together prior to fitting:

WingPatch.jpg.46c69d9838fe3b8b09aed8661e225e16.jpg

Once fitted it needed a little bit of filler:

WingShaping.jpg.3d7e442fd411d1c5f86bd7642ee417aa.jpg

Then primer:

WingPrimed.jpg.c68d0a5533ef3cc38fed588bdfc56f47.jpg

and finally colour:

WingPainted.jpg.196f316e5fb7d88d5e9a92e070b7a950.jpg

• Like 1

Much appreciated feedback …. I’d hate to pull the wings off as I’m trying to keep ‘Oli’ (Oliver as he’s known) as much to ‘as was’ as possible.

My dad n uncle are / were immense with cars / automotives but in truth I’m only a good ‘second’ pair of hands and as you’ll all kinda know with cars the first part of the battle is ‘tools & space’ , & there lies the main problem, the lock-up (as we used to call it) , was the home of mine, my dads & uncles little projects but associated with lock-down financial cuts / losses the owner of the site (it’s an old air base from the 2nd either war) has to start selling bits off for redevelopment, out little corner was kinda the last to go , September/October this year …. 
So… looking at this with a logical head on with no indoor discs on going to have to get someone to complete the work now anyway BUT your messages & photos ARE amazing as they help me put the problem into a 3 dimensional perspective so the’t truly have been brilliant to see / read

Please feel free to add anything else …

all the best Jonathan