New to the club

Colin Cutts

Hi everyone just introducing myself I joined about a week ago . I reside in a small village to the west of Newark on trent , I am 72 years old but like to think I am a bit younger at heart . I belong to other triumph clubs having been the custodian of a stag for 7 years a 4a 18 years and am now the owner of a tr7 foregot to mention learnt to drive in my dads herald . I also have a two door minor and morris minor lcv , l spend the best part of my time restoring or trying to restore classics . I would like to take part in some of the non competitive rallies in the near future .   Best regards Colin

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum.

I also learnt to drive in a Herald, a 13/60, back when I was 17.

People here will want to see photos of your car, that I can promise you.

I can also promise you, well maybe I had better not promise you anything - you'll soon get the idea. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colin Cutts said:

Hi everyone just introducing myself I joined about a week ago . I reside in a small village to the west of Newark on trent , I am 72 years old but like to think I am a bit younger at heart . I belong to other triumph clubs having been the custodian of a stag for 7 years a 4a 18 years and am now the owner of a tr7 foregot to mention learnt to drive in my dads herald . I also have a two door minor and morris minor lcv , l spend the best part of my time restoring or trying to restore classics . I would like to take part in some of the non competitive rallies in the near future .   Best regards Colin

Border Raiders...thirty cars

IMG_20210801_111202_748.jpg

IMG_20210801_110831_934.jpg

IMG_20210731_120213_655.jpg

IMG_20210801_073500_777.jpg

• Like 2

After owing the car for over 18 years and bringing it up to a high standard touring in many countries in Europe I thought it was time for some else to enjoy it . I now have a tr7 which I have over the last twelve months improved and used ie nc500 I find this car to be much more comfortable for myself and my wife's old bones and were able to take more creature comforts with us when touring , I commend the 7 for anyone who wants a little more comfort and still have a most enjoyable drive 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobPearce said:

Oddly I found my TR7 to be "OK in small doses". It wasn't a great car for the RBRR

I find that difficult to understand having completed eleven RBRR/10 CR in mine. It is essential that the seat padding is in good condition, but not other issues IMHO

Happy Xmas

H

Maybe mine had lost all its padding - it certainly tended to poke you in the back if noticeably reclined (which was hard to achieve because of the fuel tank bulkhead). The GT6's seats just seemed more comfortable, despite being pretty badly worn out (most of the foam seemed to be lying on the floor in tiny flakes).