Your Triumph mileage in 2021

Rubce

Not sure about the last year since I changed my 7 for a 7V8, but when I lived in the UK I was clocking up 5-7,000 miles / year then when living overseas I still managed about 3,000/year & I expect it to be in the 7,000 range this year. According to the FBHVC the normal for classics is just 1,200/year!

Cheers

Howard

• Like 2

Can't remember doing anything other than Steve's South Coast Run and the RBRR of course. That's about 3500 plus other pottering about and a few runs to Essex - probably about 5000 in total.

Hopefully improve on that next year

Oh and Border Raiders of course, probably nearer 6000 then 

Edited by richard w
Rubbish memory!
  • Like 2

Mine must be around 5K for the year, A trip to Scotland, Border Raiders, a trackday and err.... the Triumph Weekend at Malvern. But most important was Lucy (eldest daughter) wedding. 

In fact, she pointed out that I/we, and now both daughters have used a yellow spitfire as wedding cars. The one we used 31 years ago was sold and disappeared shortly after. 

I am rambling. Probably because I am feeling old today.... however, off for a meetup/drive with some local Triumphists. Must make a note of the mileage....

• Like 2

Not enough. Must try harder this year.

To be fair my year for the Triumph runs from 1st March to end Feb. So I've 2 months to go yet 🤞

To put it into perspective my annual mileage with the modern is around 4600, so as a ratio not bad. (Trying to make it sound better)

• Like 2

Olaf did the RBRR and the Border Raiders plus a few trips to the seaside and shows . Less than normal but about 4000 . The log did the RBRR ( With Pete and his mates ) plus a lot of fettling mileage as my daily and Pete’s company hack so not far short of 4000 either . I feel like I’ve kept the flag flying lol 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

138 in Mabel, must the least anyone in the club has done lol

Sorry, you won't get the prize for least mileage - there are bound to be others out there with far less. This year you will, I'm sure, establish a new personal best much higher than last year.

@WIMPUS is always going to win this!

I covered 4010 miles in the Spitfire, and probably 1000 in the 1300fwd (notebook for that is in the lockup so can't be precise).

Not particularly impressive but the Spit didn't move at all between 3rd Feb and the last week in August while I was doing a full engine and gearbox rebuild. And the 1300 had a gearbox rebuild in April as well, so I reckon it's not a bad showing. All other miles (commuting, shopping etc) were covered on my Triumph push-bike!

• Like 3

On 02/01/2022 at 22:19, PeteStupps said:

@WIMPUS is always going to win this!

I covered 4010 miles in the Spitfire, and probably 1000 in the 1300fwd (notebook for that is in the lockup so can't be precise).

Not particularly impressive but the Spit didn't move at all between 3rd Feb and the last week in August while I was doing a full engine and gearbox rebuild. And the 1300 had a gearbox rebuild in April as well, so I reckon it's not a bad showing. All other miles (commuting, shopping etc) were covered on my Triumph push-bike!

Would that be a Triumph 20 push bike from the late 1960’s

15 hours ago, mole42 said:

Mabel has done a lot less than her usual 10,000 miles per year - probably half that in 2021 which includes half the RBRR 😞 since when she’s been in disgrace.

Richard

Mabel must be an unlucky name for a Triumph,  my Herald is called Mabel (I got her from  Mablethorpe 

She’s a pain too broke down every time I’ve taken her out. Need  to take her a run with new distributor 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

• 2 weeks later...