Newbie to classic cars! Looking for TR4 (tr4a irs ideally)

Smiley

Hi, I am new to the classic car world but have always wanted a TR4 and am now in the position to start looking. Does anyone know a garage where I can see and test drive one? Not really sure how to go about buying one, have looked at auction sites. I am located in Sevenoaks Kent. 
Many thanks,
Miles 

Have a good look around at several before you buy.

I saw a couple of red TR4s at Beaulieu Garage just before Christmas and they've still got them, one's 4 and the other a 4a. A test drive would give you the chance to see which version you prefer, live axle 4 or independent 4a.

Dave

• Like 2

If you're new to classics it would be a good idea to take someone with a bit of experience along with you for a 2nd opinion, if possible. No offence intended but there might be some red flags you would miss.

I was drafted in to doing this for a friend; she ignored my advice and bought the vehicle (VW camper) anyway, but was at least prepared for the large repair bills that ensued!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 14/01/2022 at 16:25, Smiley said:

Hi, I am new to the classic car world but have always wanted a TR4 and am now in the position to start looking. Does anyone know a garage where I can see and test drive one? Not really sure how to go about buying one, have looked at auction sites. I am located in Sevenoaks Kent. 
Many thanks,
Miles 

Good luck on your search, but as the forum says,  good idea to take someone  along if you can 

classics can be an expensive mistake 

hope you find your ideal car 

• 5 months later...