C2C 2022?

mole42

44 minutes ago, mole42 said:

According to the new “club torque” the 2022 C2C is go…..but I can’t find where to enter. Mabel the Stag is desperate to redeem herself after the RBRR DNF last year!

Richard

If you read the CT article on page 58 it clearly states:

"It is intended that entry will open on 1st February".

• 2 months later...
On 17/01/2022 at 19:36, Howard said:

Start will be Portmadog, Wales & finish will be Dungeness, Kent. I will be traveling to Portmadog the night before to avoid the Saturday midday traffic queues in mid Wales and to participate in the Festiniog visits we have arranged.

Howard,

In case you (or anyone else) were intending to stay at the new Premier Inn at Porthmadog, it is not now going to open until 16th September!

I have spent some quality time trying to sort this out and Premier Inn have confirmed our hotel booking is correct and that the hotel will be open before 24th June. Watch this space for updates.......

Howard

PS thanks for the suggestions but the Travelodge only has double rooms remaining for that date!

Edited by Howard

20 minutes ago, Howard said:

I have spent some quality time trying to sort this out and Premier Inn have confirmed our hotel booking is correct and that the hotel will be open before 24th June. Watch this space for updates.......

Howard,

I suggest you keep a close eye on your reservation.  I have just been on the Premier Inn booking website where it still definitely states   "Porthmadog hotel will be opening on 16 September 2022".  

Good luck!

Premier Inn internal written information is that the hotel opens this week! They are reconfirming this for me, but I may well be the only person there since the web site still says mid September - but apparently they have been having problems with errors on their web site..

Pete.

That's exactly what I understood from my discussions with our C2C Festinog railway contacts - Premier Inn management however are insisting that the opening will be 1st June & not the 25th March as previously advised and are visiting the site this week to re-confirm. However they have finally accepted that this might not happen so have changed my booking to their Caernarfon hotel since its only 20 miles down A487.

Cheers

Howard