C2C22 Delay to Entry Opening

Chriss

Hi All, The Committee has some important business to discuss at the next Committee Meeting on Monday 31st January that affects the C2C22.  This means that Clive, Craig and I cannot start to finalise the C2C22 website until after this date, so Club Triumph will not be able to open the entry on 1st February as planned.

I am very sorry about this, but I do not anticipate that it will reduce anyone's opportunity to gain an entry or anyone's enjoyment of the event. I am not in a position to say when entry will be opened for the moment, but assure potential entrants no time will be wasted when we have the information and decisions we need.  Until then please be patient.....it's coming and it will be worth the wait!

• Like 5

For everyone who is anxiously waiting for the entry to open for the 2022 C2C once Google finishes processing it I will post the link to my YouTube video of last years event . It was taken from my car camera and shows the complete route sped up to compress 12 hours into just 90 mins of very fast driving!

Howard

Howard

I have Just watched the first ten minuets and its brilliant. As I was parked opposite you in the car park I am glad you didn't catch me picking my nose or worse 😁  Loved watching you chase my Vitesse and your engine noise speeded up is great. I will look forward to watching the rest this evening. 

Mark

Hi Bruce

We have got the Committee stuff sorted.  It was to do with the to be announced in the next issue of Club Torque The Club approach to Carbon Balancing our emissions.  This will be applied to the C2C22. I have sent the information for the website to Clive and Craig to prepare to open entry so I expect that we can open entry during next week.  Keep a look out on the website.

Howard, I have some bad news for you.  The Regulations clearly state: "Vehicles: The event is open to any model of Standard or Triumph motor vehicle or special based upon a Standard or Triumph motor vehicle. The vehicle need not be owned by the main entrant."

To go round corners like that and to emit those noises:

1.    Your car was clearly made by Scalextric

2.   It probably had a Honda engine.

Therefore you will be excluded from the classification of finishers as your car did not comply with Regulations.  There is no appeal process.

.....great video almost like watching a special stage rally.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

With huge appreciation for all the voluntary work done in organising the events, I was wondering when the C2C entry will be open, as the brief says 14th February but there does not appear to be anything in the club shop for it. Have I missed an important step? Sorry, I really don't meant to chase as I know everyone has other 'normal life' stuff to do, but just wondering as I missed out on the 10CR so am keen to take part in the C2C this year.

Cheers!

David

Hi All

Thank you  for your patience. The website is currently being trialed and we have a few things to fix.  I just have to get some final mods over to the IT team for final tweaking.  The plan is to open entry at the week end.  When I have had feedback on the final mods I'll give a time for entry opening.

In the past there have always been more places than entrants, so unless there has been a big change, I expect there to be enough places.

Cheers, Chris

• Like 1