What’s going On

Darren Sharp

Dear All

Just a quick message to let you all know how much is going on behind the scenes at CT at the moment . Although things may appear calm on the surface there is a huge body of work taking shape in the background. Mike Bishop with aid from Tony Pulis and others is busy updating the Club policies with regard to GDPR  , safeguarding and other important matters  . Dale ,Mike and Ellis have also produced a range of ‘one size fits all’ , event templates to help in the setting up of events that need MSUK and other approval. This itself is designed to make the whole process easier . An even bigger task is being tackled by Chris Shaw in respect of Environmental issues and the continued use of our cars into the future. This issue was flagged some 18 months ago by our President who is keeping his eye firmly on the ball . This work is necessary to help prevent some of the Draconian measures being adopted in Europe on the use of our cars . Chris is working with the Federation of British Historic Vehicles and other stakeholders to put CT in a better position . I should add that the Federation have looked to us because of our history of distance driving events . The Committee review all these matters monthly . The Club Dinner plans are progressing nicely  Ashley is putting his heart and soul into pulling it together. It will be great to see so many CT members gathered without restrictions! Clive Senior and Craig Gingell are working through the website and forum , constantly tweaking and improving functionality for the Committee and you, our members . 
The finance team are into their busy period ensuring the yearly returns are with our accountant for submission to The tax man . As for me I’m going round in circles as well with repairs to my ancient and modern motors plus throwing loads of cash at the Flying Log .. I’m really looking forward to bringing news of its progress to you all in the coming months. Then there are the minutes of the many meetings and the Secretary’s Notes plus pouring over maps for future exciting adventures with the Triumphs of course. Tina and Andy have been revising the shop on the website having done sterling work clearing the old Club show stand equipment from the very packed storeroom . All these wonderful people do all this for the love of cars . My most sincere thanks to them all . 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Darren Sharp said:

Dear All

Just a quick message to let you all know how much is going on behind the scenes at CT at the moment . Although things may appear calm on the surface there is a huge body of work taking shape in the background. Mike Bishop with aid from Tony Pulis and others is busy updating the Club policies with regard to GDPR  , safeguarding and other important matters  . Dale ,Mike and Ellis have also produced a range of ‘one size fits all’ , event templates to help in the setting up of events that need MSUK and other approval. This itself is designed to make the whole process easier . An even bigger task is being tackled by Chris Shaw in respect of Environmental issues and the continued use of our cars into the future. This issue was flagged some 18 months ago by our President who is keeping his eye firmly on the ball . This work is necessary to help prevent some of the Draconian measures being adopted in Europe on the use of our cars . Chris is working with the Federation of British Historic Vehicles and other stakeholders to put CT in a better position . I should add that the Federation have looked to us because of our history of distance driving events . The Committee review all these matters monthly . The Club Dinner plans are progressing nicely  Ashley is putting his heart and soul into pulling it together. It will be great to see so many CT members gathered without restrictions! Clive Senior and Craig Gingell are working through the website and forum , constantly tweaking and improving functionality for the Committee and you, our members . 
The finance team are into their busy period ensuring the yearly returns are with our accountant for submission to The tax man . As for me I’m going round in circles as well with repairs to my ancient and modern motors plus throwing loads of cash at the Flying Log .. I’m really looking forward to bringing news of its progress to you all in the coming months. Then there are the minutes of the many meetings and the Secretary’s Notes plus pouring over maps for future exciting adventures with the Triumphs of course. Tina and Andy have been revising the shop on the website having done sterling work clearing the old Club show stand equipment from the very packed storeroom . All these wonderful people do all this for the love of cars . My most sincere thanks to them all . 

Without all of you there wouldn’t be a club 

and it’s the best one !! 

• Like 1