Paul Darbyshire RIP

Andy Flexney

For those you who were unable to attend Paul's funeral yesterday, I have attached the Order of Service.

It was an incredibly moving and poignant service and it showed how much Paul was loved and will be missed not only by members of Club Triumph but by his close friends, the community of Drighlington, that he was such a huge part of and by his friends and regulars at The Railway in Drighlington.

He was a big man in many ways, in his laughter, his generosity, his sense of fun, his fashion sense in waistcoats and the warmth he generated when he met you.

When he talked to you, it was as if you were the centre of attention and he made you feel part of his world.

A lovely guy and a loss to us all.

Jim.

Paul - Oder of Service - a.jpg

Paul - Oder of Service - b.jpg

Edited by McJim
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

hi  everyone ,

my name is susan, sue to my brother paul but mostly he reffered to me as "our kid". im his youngest sister. i live in the states i just wanted to say a huge thankyou to everyone who posted pictures of my much loved brother, i still feel a huge vacuum  in my heart, still tears come so very easily still and probably will for a very long time. to read how you felt about him and how much he means to you all means so much, the pictures are such treasures to see. i am greatful to everyone that posted and shared there thoughts and feelings about him , i idolized him growing up ,he  carried my satchel for me when we got off the bus , reminded me of how great looking he was ,love that smile , love my brother till the cows come home and beyond ......... with much love and gratitude    susan Burt

• Like 9

Susan,

I think I can speak for all at Club Triumph when I say that we all miss Paul, his humour, his generosity and most of all the warmth you felt when you were in his company.

His was a great guy to be around and it was an honour to be one of his many friends.

I still think about him a lot.

He was a big Yorkshire Pud!

Jim.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, McJim said:

Susan,

I think I can speak for all at Club Triumph when I say that we all miss Paul, his humour, his generosity and most of all the warmth you felt when you were in his company.

His was a great guy to be around and it was an honour to be one of his many friends.

I still think about him a lot.

He was a big Yorkshire Pud!

Jim.

thanks Jim, he was special wasnt he....... the pictures show real joy in his face, he made many wonderful memories with the people he met and im just begining to get a sense of how many lives he touched. i think about him daily and my heart still hurts i only had one big brother but to me he was the best.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have only just found out that Paul had passed away.

I can only echo what others have already said. We had many a laugh at the P&P meetings and he also showed me some support at the West Yorkshire meetings when I was the AO. To be honest, I was surprised to hear of his death. Mid-60s is no age to die.

RIP Paul. It wasn't a pleasure to have know ya, it was an absolute joy!