Spitfire Hartop seals, 1/4 windows unavailable?

Clive

I have just dug the glass for my mkIV hardtop out of the shed. Luckily the rear glass seal looks reusable. 

However, I don't have any other seals/rubbers. But I have a shopping list:

629584 front seal

630961 front/side seal

716184 (x2) door window seals

624831 Rear bottom seal

I cannot finds any seals for the side 1/4 windows. Any pointers?? I am thinking if they are not available, anybody know what profile it should be and I can make the triangles. Last resort will be to bond the glass in with sikaflex.

I have found the original 1/4 window seals, "safely" stored in teh loft, along with the door window seals. 

I have also found a good selection of seals on COH Baines. I will use some simple U channel seal for the front/side, as I am not using a conventional headliner (sound pads, and some black carpet type stuff instead)

The front header seal is the same as a soft top (I think, channel looks the same size) and teh rear seal I will decide once I have done a "dry fit" and measured what sort of gap it has to fill. 

Pictures to follow when I start on fitting up

• Like 1

Dry fit done, and the rear seal needs to be 15mm or so. But as the std door seal is rather stiff, I have gone for this one, excess will not be visible and it looks like it may be a bit floppier. 

I have alo ordered some "mutemat" to stick to the roof, and that may get a layer of 5mm closed cell foam, then black stetch carpet stuff to finish. 

image.png.3fe3f3c7aeacc0b9f14224718e7e5807.png

• Like 1