Can anyone recommend where to get a prop balanced

RobPearce

My GT6 has always suffered a little from vibration at open road speeds. It's probably the propshaft. Last night, driving it for the first time in some months, and after having used the Spitfire rather more often, the vibration when overtaking just felt too bad to put up with.

So, can anyone recommend a trustworthy place to refurbish and balance a propshaft, not too far from Cambridge/Ely?

Thanks,

Rob

https://www.baileymorris.co.uk/

I used their London branch to get mine done. I had fitted new (quality, genuine freelander) UJs but had a bit of vibration. Chap recognised the UJs when he saw them, was pleased! He "reset" the  UJs and balanced. Got a bit of  a deal as a friend was having a Daimler prop modified and rebuilt at the same time. 

EDIT. It may not be much more to have a new propshaft from Dave Mac or suchlike. I would recommend choosing decent UJs, whatever you do.

hi 

Bailey Morris has a depot at Eaton Socon near St Neots  near A1 road . They made a prop for my tr7 2 years a go great service phone no 01480 216 250 . 

One at work had prop ujs wearing after 4 weeks on a defender 90 they sorted the prop . 

Chris  

• Like 1