Vaccination Status

Howard

I have just booked in at the Holiday Inn in Singen (along with a number of others) and they are still demanding a digital vaccination certificate (OK but need to check exactly which one they need!) but more seriously a test (PCR or lateral flow?) within 24 hours of the arrival.

Can the team advise on the current requirements and how we may be able to meet them based on existing rules? This could be a show stopper ....

Thanks

Howard

"Singen in the rain" -always makes me smile.

In answer to your question, the Bundesrepublik is planning to lift all restrictions as of 20 March. This was confirmed today but owing to the very high, actually record incidence of new infections this may change. As Germany is a federal country the individual states, in this case Badem-Württemberg, have singular resposibility and can also amend their rules. 

Presently here in Hessen , the 3g rule applies to hotels, ie. twice innoculated plus booster or PCR test. Mask wearing of the FFP3 type is mandatory indoors. 

ZZ_Corona_Regeln_Auf_einen_Blick_DE.pdf (baden-wuerttemberg.de)

hope this helps

Antonia

26 minutes ago, Antonnick said:

"Singen in the rain" -always makes me smile.

In answer to your question, the Bundesrepublik is planning to lift all restrictions as of 20 March. This was confirmed today but owing to the very high, actually record incidence of new infections this may change. As Germany is a federal country the individual states, in this case Badem-Württemberg, have singular resposibility and can also amend their rules. 

Presently here in Hessen , the 3g rule applies to hotels, ie. twice innoculated plus booster or PCR test. Mask wearing of the FFP3 type is mandatory indoors. 

ZZ_Corona_Regeln_Auf_einen_Blick_DE.pdf (baden-wuerttemberg.de)

hope this helps

Antonia

Very many thanks for the update on the current rules which hopefully is all going to be history by September. However just in case, what is the requirement for a test within 24 hours before checking in Germany - Lateral Flow or PCR ?

Howard

I am sorry, I do not know what lateral flow is! 🤥 In general PCR tests are required if no booster vaccination has been done. It is for us an either/or. also important is that the vaccination is less than one year old. Presently such testing stations are plentiful but are being wound down. 

In essence very confusing I know.

16 hours ago, Howard said:

However just in case, what is the requirement for a test within 24 hours before checking in Germany - Lateral Flow or PCR ?

I don't think anywhere that required pre-departure testing was ever satisfied with a lateral flow; they all need a PCR.

I also am not sure what lateral flow is...

As Antonia mentioned, Germany is a federal republic so you have to find out what the rules are in each state that you go to.

I was in the Palatinate (Pfalz) on Friday and there the rules allowed you to keep the masks off if you were boosted. Here in Baden-Württemberg we have not gone that far yet.

There is an EU recognizable QR code (not sure if it is available in the UK) that we scan into the "Corona App" as proof of certification and/or boostered and/or recovered.

As I live in Baden Württemberg I can find out more but probably not best to discuss things like that in public.

PM me if you like ...

In the UK, the "NHS App" on your mobile will show you the medical record your GP holds for you.     That is THE NHS App, not "NHS Covid-19", not "NHS Track''n'Trace"!    You need to register on it before you can see your records, and it includes a page for your "NHS Covid Pass" which is ether Domestic or Travel.    This will show all your Covid vaccinations, what you had and when.   It also displays a QR code, that dotty square that computer can read, and you can apply for a printout by post.

Other countries may have different requirements, of course, but this has been recognised by the EU.

John

• Like 1