Spitfire full beam indicator light

aknight123456

A minor one that's been puzzling me for a little while.

My lights etc all work as they should however the full beam indicator light does not light up when I turn the ignition to on (i.e. when the oil and ignition lights are on). It definitely used to however at some point it has stopped working. The light does come on when the light stalk is pulled to turn on the full beams. I'm assuming it's a dodgy ground or something but it must be on a specific part of the circuit.

If anyone understands wiggly amps and can point me in the right direction to solve this I would be very appreciative! Cheers!

1 hour ago, aknight123456 said:

the full beam indicator light does not light up when I turn the ignition to on (i.e. when the oil and ignition lights are on).

Errr.... it's not supposed to come on then! Why would it? If you're convinced it used to then there must have been a problem of some sort that's gone away.

No, nothing so sophisticated back in the day. Oil illuminates because theres no oil pressure to open switch contact and IGN light does same because battery volts greater than generated volts so current flows through bulb but thats it. Difficult to think of a fault that could explain your issue but anythings possible with old electrics😄