Event entry dropouts

Velocita Rosso

I really feel sorry for organisers and the hard work put into arranging events ,so Triumph owners can go out and enjoy time in their cars................and then `entrants` pull out at the last minute, jeopardising the actual running of said events, for lack of a full field.Been through that scenario many times...........wondering whether one should bother in future.

OK sometimes it could be a life threatening reason why a pull out is necessary..........but not for paltry reasons

Anyway........the sun will be out from Wednesday for a good many days

• Like 2

As you know, I organized a drive out on Sunday, thanks for letting me know you couldn't attend. The guy that asked me to put the run on, who wanted to go out for a drive in his new car pulled out at 6pm the night before!, I had another message me to say the weather wasn't great, so he didn't want to come out (there was a bit of drizzle for the first hour, and it remained dull all day). There were 2 cars in total nether of them triumphs, we still had a good day out and ill put on another next month, it's just the way it goes.
Dan
AO Hull Area Edited by logicaluk
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 17:18, logicaluk said:

As you know, I organized a drive out on Sunday, thanks for letting me know you couldn't attend. The guy that asked me to put the run on, who wanted to go out for a drive in his new car pulled out at 6pm the night before!, I had another message me to say the weather wasn't great, so he didn't want to come out (there was a bit of drizzle for the first hour, and it remained dull all day). There were 2 cars in total nether of them triumphs, we still had a good day out and ill put on another next month, it's just the way it goes.
Dan
AO Hull Area

So hard to get people to commit,  I’ve just taken over organising west Mids group,  had a great drive it day,  arranged a run to Belper to Great British Car Journey, and already got the whingeing starting about cost of entry etc.. 🙄  oh well we just keep pressing on 👍

Edited by Wendy Dawes
  • Like 1

Having organised bonfire night firework displays and the fund raising events to ensure the main event happens for the last 32 years down here in Chailey , you soon realise that you are doing it for your own enjoyment and if anyone turns up and enjoys it as well, that’s a bonus.The people who miss out are the ones who don’t turn up. So carry on and Enjoy!

• Like 2

I push out a Google map of the route a week before the event so people can print them off, or run the route on their phone, so we have no entry cost. But I was thinking of doing them as tulips, so I will have to make a charge for printed maps.

Dan

Edited by logicaluk

5 hours ago, logicaluk said:

I push out a Google map of the route a week before the event so people can print them off, or run the route on their phone, so we have no entry cost. But I was thinking of doing them as tulips, so I will have to make a charge for printed maps.

Dan

5 hours ago, logicaluk said:

Dan

The run itself is cost free,  it’s the entry to the Great British car journey that’s causing the issue, though it’s optional whether you go in or not, but defeats the object of you don’t !! can’t get into these places for nothing, they cost a fortune to keep open for us to enjoy