Car run to the Great British Car journey

Darren Sharp

Hi all . West Mids have arranged a visit to The Great British Car Journey museum in Belper Derbyshire on Sunday 15th May they will be running a lovely route to the museum from Sainsburys car park in Ripley DE53QP departing at 10am . The route is the 1st half of the Derwent Valley New year run from this year and is very nice and suitable for all Triumphs and Classics . Rendezvous at the museum at approximately 11.30 . All welcome even if your Classic is broken ! 

51F596C3-A2D1-4BF0-8DBE-AA525837BFD0.jpeg

EB57C5F3-2EAC-4AFC-9EA4-C5949A08DFAC.jpeg

• Like 1

If anyone is joining us on the day and would like to have lunch at the museum, please ring and order lunch directly so that the museum can have approximate numbers for the catering dept. At the museum

the menu and phone number are posted below 

thank you

Darren and Wendy 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

I will join you for this visit, but not Sue. Too far for her unfortunately in the TR these days!  Please add me to the list for lunch. How many are you expectin? I note concessionary entry for groups.

I am looking forward to it.

Tim

2 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

I will join you for this visit, but not Sue. Too far for her unfortunately in the TR these days!  Please add me to the list for lunch. How many are you expectin? I note concessionary entry for groups.

I am looking forward to it.

Tim

Hi Tim,  be lovely to see you on the 15th, not sure how many will turn up, but more than 12  and entry fee is £13  instead of the usual £16 

i expect that we will have more than 12 people turn up 

Wendy, I will have a passenger on the 15th, local member Pierre Miles, so please add one more for lunch. I first met Pierre years ago when he visited our stand at the Knebworth Classic Car Show. I have extolled the virtues of CT ever since and he finally weakened and joined the Club! He is a former Leader of the Lea Valley Group of the TR Register and has a TR6, but this time will have to slum it in a four cylinder car!!

Tim

Good evening all,

Just to bring you up to date, I have contacted the GBCJ and informed them of my meal choice.  And to finish off - yes, I'll be with Tim and don't consider it to be slumming with 4 cylinders, especially when travelling with someone who knows how to get the best out of them.

Having said that, my recent day car was an Alfa Romeo with an incomparable V6 engine.  The enthusiasts' website was subtitled 'Fun starts at 3,000 rpm' - which sums it up nicely.

Apologies for drifting off topic . . . .

9 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

I've phoned through my lunch choice Wendy and, incidentally, the tel no is 317243, as on their website, not 327243.

Tim

Thank you Tim  must have hit the wrong button lol 

Have changed it now 

4 hours ago, Batch said:

Hi Wendy and Darren

Sainsburys at Ripley is where we often get petrol, it usually has E5 98RON petrol at a very reasonable price, £1.66/litre on Tuesday.

Hope the weather is good for the run.

Dave

👍 thanks for the info 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

10 hours ago, Rubce said:

Hi Wendy

Can you count me in please

Thank you

Bruce (Cheshire)

👍 please ring the museum to order lunch  if you require food

many thanks  their number is on an earlier post as is the menu, please scroll up to find the details 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

28 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Good evening all,

Just to bring you up to date, I have contacted the GBCJ and informed them of my meal choice.  And to finish off - yes, I'll be with Tim and don't consider it to be slumming with 4 cylinders, especially when travelling with someone who knows how to get the best out of them.

Having said that, my recent day car was an Alfa Romeo with an incomparable V6 engine.  The enthusiasts' website was subtitled 'Fun starts at 3,000 rpm' - which sums it up nicely.

Be nice to see you all there and thank you for pre ordering lunch 

40 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Good evening all,

👍

Yep - a well-organised enjoyable day out.  Near perfect route instructions that took us through very pleasant typically English rural countryside to a museum that showcased examples of much of the history of the British motoring industry  of the second half of the last century.  Having said that, the info regarding Baden-Powell from 100 years ago was particularly interesting.

Of course, what was a bonus was wandering around the visitor car park looking at a myriad of other cars, including a 1902 Renault, plus several examples each  of Ferrari, Rolls Royce and the Ford XR series.

Excellent photos by the way.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Pierre said:

Yep - a well-organised enjoyable day out.  Near perfect route instructions that took us through very pleasant typically English rural countryside to a museum that showcased examples of much of the history of the British motoring industry  of the second half of the last century.  Having said that, the info regarding Baden-Powell from 100 years ago was particularly interesting.

Of course, what was a bonus was wandering around the visitor car park looking at a myriad of other cars, including a 1902 Renault, plus several examples each  of Ferrari, Rolls Royce and the Ford XR series.

Excellent photos by the way.

Thank you.

Thank you Pierre glad you enjoyed your run, the route was ‘borrowed’ from TSSC new year run which we did in January lol