Fuel types? Spitfire 1500 running terribly!

Harveyzone

52 minutes ago, standardthread said:

Good night

I'm missing your point, sorry. The screen shot you posted only shows FZX carbs on what it lists as "Mk V" 1493cc. Not Mk IV. 

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying the carbs are unsuitable for harveyzone's 1500, I'm saying they didn't come from a MK IV. (Or if they did... they aren't standard fit)

Edited by yorkshire_spam

53 minutes ago, drofgum said:

You can't take those listings by Burlen as Gospel. you would think after all these years they would have corrected the listings for Mk1&2 Spitfires to show the correct engine size.

Thanks Paul.

I was 'into' classics before MkIV Spitfires were ever introduced, Mk2's were the in thing along with the newly introduced Herald 1200's. I've never heard of the Mark Five version?

I just researched the tag number and needles to match when I found the site.

44 minutes ago, standardthread said:

I've never heard of the Mark Five version?

It's an unofficial and not-much-used name for the Spitfire 1500, you don't see it very often. The factory didn't call them MkV but they followed MkIV, so it's logical enough.

As an aside, the 'factory' naming was a bit random in its progression. They went Spitfire 4, Spitfire 4 Mk2, Spitfire Mk3, Spitfire MkIV, Spitfire 1500. 

• 2 weeks later...