Border Raiders 2020 ready for the off!

Darren Sharp

Olaf is Ready for the 1st leg of the 2022 Border Raiders up to Lancaster  having come across 105 miles from Lincoln to Wendy’s in Cannock yesterday evening . All packed and fluids, lights, tyres checked this morning. Love this event which is so different from some of the others with great driving with no pressure and overnight stays if you want them for the start and the finish as well as the Saturday Night . Mick Davies  finds brilliant and challenging roads and Chris and the other organisers are always lovely . After the fabulous weekend at Gaydon in July I hope we are lucky with the weather ! 

92B25368-3DF6-4DF4-AF10-D1BE5D7090D3.jpeg

17BA7672-5A73-42C0-B919-B0E94A9DF8E5.jpeg

76E1FB16-B096-4426-A56A-9775F22769C3.jpeg

EA979AFF-ED69-40E2-A3F2-2F494A1DC41A.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, reychris said:

Have you installed a flux capacitor in Olaf?

”…2020 ready for the off”😆

I was just about to comment something similar!

@Darren Sharp Binny the Dolomite all set last night, fluids checked, tools and things packed up and ready to go...

DSC_3252.thumb.JPG.efa20688b2468375ae40f470a26a1e73.JPGDSC_3250.thumb.JPG.e7e10a7d6f221acbe6161f04ded899b9.JPGDSC_3251.thumb.JPG.db0ee59067a54b2997b8abc181feb706.JPG

Strangely on my Google Photos account the "1 year ago", "3 years ago" and "4 years ago" memories are all Border Raiders!

2019:

image.thumb.png.61bf8bad3e101200b43ac389fea978d3.png

2018:
image.thumb.png.5fdb87c05d75307ad0b27816eead7344.png

• Like 2

After a 5 hour drive 🙄 we arrived at Lancaster,,  first  minor casualty our friends Kevin and Lucy Have leaking clutch cylinder, need to investigate which after dinner,  hope it’s master, we have repair kit on board for that one 👍

Edited by Darren Sharp
  • Like 1

Well.. we made it home despite the best efforts of the water leak! 

Saturday water loss was bad... Sunday not bad... Today, shocking! Had to stop and refill the header 3 times. Think I might need to fix that before the 10CR. 

Great event once again, thanks to the organisers in particular and all the other participants for making it such fun. 

• Like 1

Had a fantastic weekend with good friends and made some new ones along the way.  This event is what Club camaraderie is all about and the atmosphere and buzz is electric from the dart to the finish. 

Darren and I went home via the Lake District and over  hardknott pass and wrynose pass,  very challenging, I thought buttertubs  pass was a hard slog but it’s tame in comparison (see videos posted on Facebook)

thank you again Chris, Sarsh and Mik . Next year here we come ♥️ 

98F4AF72-7431-4A95-A00B-FFF30F414B0E.jpeg

2B0FCFF7-2D50-44BC-AEBC-565EF6018592.jpeg

12C6A23F-35AF-4924-A5C5-DD43510E8B46.jpeg

FC5BECFF-FBB6-4088-8556-BA3B86385613.jpeg

794E826F-FC29-405D-949B-C145DCD83691.jpeg

• Like 1

Just tested positive for Covid after the Border Raiders.

Didn't feel great on the Monday night and by Tuesday was really ill.

Took a test and it was negative but still feeling bad, so Ruth made me take another last night and it came back positive.

Haven't had Covid up till now but I guess you can't be too careful.

Hope no one else on the Border Raiders is suffering likewise.

The worst part of it is that Katy and I will miss Nuala's funeral but our thoughts will be with her.

Jim.

McJim,

Thanks for letting everyone know but sorry to hear your Covid news - hope Katy is ok.

Mary and I were in Mik's car with you both for the journey back from the restaurant in Dumfries on the Saturday evening and we are both fine.  We stayed with friends in the nortrhern Lake District from Monday to Thursday before coming home.

Best wishes, Pete

Thanks Pete.

Katy's fine but I, on the other hand.

I'm blaming it on the taxi driver that took us to the meal on Saturday night - he didn't look too peaky.

Wasn't that close to anyone else the whole weekend apart from Katy.

I don't expect to be ill for too long but it's been a sobering time as it has made me reflect on my father dying from the effects of Covid in January 2021.

Jim.

48 minutes ago, McJim said:

Thanks Pete.

Katy's fine but I, on the other hand.

I'm blaming it on the taxi driver that took us to the meal on Saturday night - he didn't look too peaky.

Wasn't that close to anyone else the whole weekend apart from Katy.

I don't expect to be ill for too long but it's been a sobering time as it has made me reflect on my father dying from the effects of Covid in January 2021.

Jim.

I blame the Haggis.....keeping it in a sporran is just nay good

Hope you are feeling better soon McJim.  Christine and I shared the taxi to the dinner with you but are both ok - hope Katy is too.

I did, optimistically ask the aforementioned taxi driver for a business card when I got out of the taxi - now I have 2 good reasons to burn it!  

• Thanks 1