Classic British Cars: Made in Coventry

Craig

For anyone who missed it, great programme on BBC4 last night starring our very own Herald Fan, Chris Allen aka @heraldhabitat

image.thumb.png.4c6cfb766aa0016098dcd8d616113346.png

To celebrate the award of UK City of Culture 2021 to Coventry, local boy Mark Evans tells the full history of the classic cars made in Coventry, 

This passionate retrospective runs from the industry's beginnings in 1897 through to the present day and includes interviews and archive footage detailing the stories behind the creation of classic marques such as the Daimler, the Triumph, the Riley and the Jaguar and the companies and people behind them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000w6sp/classic-british-cars-made-in-coventry

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

For anyone who missed it, great programme on BBC4 last night starring our very own Herald Fan, Chris Allen aka @heraldhabitat

image.thumb.png.4c6cfb766aa0016098dcd8d616113346.png

To celebrate the award of UK City of Culture 2021 to Coventry, local boy Mark Evans tells the full history of the classic cars made in Coventry, 

This passionate retrospective runs from the industry's beginnings in 1897 through to the present day and includes interviews and archive footage detailing the stories behind the creation of classic marques such as the Daimler, the Triumph, the Riley and the Jaguar and the companies and people behind them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000w6sp/classic-british-cars-made-in-coventry

It is repeated tomorrow night Wed 19th BBC4

Tony.

• Like 1

I watched this on iplayer this afternoon very enjoyable nearly fell off my seat when they started talking about Captain John Black no relation I think! But I used to call my brother also John “Captain Black” but I think that was in relation to the misterons! and Captain Scarlet! I did like seeing the earlier Standard production line film.