New Triumph Technical sections

Following some discussion and requests from Forum users, the Triumph Technical section has now been broken down into subcategories. Any posts already sitting in Triumph Technical have been moved into appropriate subcategories.

You'll appreciate that there are several (hundred) ways this could have been done, so what's been settled on is similar to the way Workshop Manuals are organised. Given that most of our vehicles share so many parts, model-based sections were decided against. 

If you're not sure exactly where to post you can use the Miscellaneous section and a Moderator might well move it for you. If you're REALLY sure that we're missing a necessary section, please let us know in the Website suggestions / issues post.

• Like 1

I disagree. I think it makes it look like nothing is happening as the limited traffic is spread out further.  There simply isnt, nor is it likely to be enough. There is also overlap between subjects. There are sections there i probably wont look in. So that potential conversation/exchange of knowledge and ideas is lost.

We just end up like the old website.

Edited by roger keys

We can keep monitoring it @roger keys and if things get too sparse something will be done. Very soon a load of relevant historical data will be imported which will fill out all of those sub forums. A great deal of traffic comes from search engines, because there's so much good content to be had from the CT membership, and a proportion of those new or returning visitors generate new content. 

31 minutes ago, roger keys said:

...overlap between subjects

That was certainly the case with the old Model-specific sub-forms. Hopefully less so now. 

32 minutes ago, roger keys said:

There are sections there i probably wont look in

There seem to be quite a few different 'habits' forum users have when they visit. Agreed if someone tends to views things by subject only, i.e they only want to see posts about Heralds, then yes they might miss stuff. Stats suggest that lots of users are already making use of the Unread or All Activity feeds, which is great. It's the best way to 'consume' this forum. 

41 minutes ago, roger keys said:

We just end up like the old website

My personal hope is that we DO end up like the old website - circa 2008 - when it comes to visitor engagement! 

• Like 1

I see both sides... when I first found this forum I literally checked every, single thread as I figured they would wander around a bit.

Heck, there are some that start about fuel mixture and end up being about camber!

I think though if the search function works it is OK if something veers off from the section it is posted in....