WELCOME TO CT FORUM - Old Content.

Dear All 

One of the questions we are frequently asked is whether we can transfer over some of the older content previously posted. The quick answer is no but that does not mean the content is lost . it is stored and we are looking at ways to access it quickly but there is a vast amount of it including over 8500 images. For this reason we would like you to keep back ups of your epic restorations in future and maybe down load your own threads occasionally to ensure that you can use them as a reference point . 

BEWU6632.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

The longer answer is that of course it can be done (was done with the last CT forum platform change and with Sideways forum when we changed platforms to Invision some years ago), but it I acknowledge it is a big job.

I'm disappointed that this effort apparently isn't going to be made and would urge that this is reconsidered. If not, I hope that the previous forum will remain web accessible and searchable as an archive in some form, so that it's content can still be found via search engine.  If not, a huge amount technical information and club history will be lost and this approach will make me think very seriously about whether to bother with detailed build threads on here in the future.

Nick

Nick, the problem is that the forum layout is now rather simplified, so each of the old forum sections would not always fit directly into a new one.

We are looking to archive the old forums and indeed make them searchable. But please do not expect that to happen overnight, there are plenty of complex tasks ahead in the queue.

Looking forward, the Invision platform was chosen as it is one of the "standard" commercial offerings, although is requiring substantial customisation to achieve all the functions we require. Some of which appear to be unique.

So please bear with us, and be assured that this platform should be "forever". 

• 2 weeks later...

Just make it so no-one can post to it and make it clear that it's an archive. You can include it as a separate search field easily on here and it won't be hard to map in a quote button which will start a new thread here with either text quoted from the old forum or a simple link to that "archive".