Triumph Herald 13/60 Technical Data

Antonnick

It is not a problem I know hat you in GB have but I need for the official acceptance of my Herald 13/60 an equally official Technical Data. The maximum speed of 84mph needs to be quoted somewhere, for example. 

I have the workshop manual a well as the handbook . There is a lot of info there but not max speed. At least I cannot find it. 

Does such a document exist on the web, does anyone know? I have found some independant sources but my tester says he canot use this data as it is not from the manuafacturer. 

Yes the test is for the TüV. It is a "Vollübernahme nach StVo 21 und 23". In other words a full technical report that the authorities need to enable it to be registered , and as an historic vehicle.

The TüV do have a "Datenblatt" on a 13/60 but as a "mafia" type organisation they demand up to €300 for the info. The tester did not mention the tyres or other details and sees happy with the car itself, just the documentation to cover it. He mentioned also the noise levels, stationary and at a given speed. 

Would copies of magazine road tests from the time suffice? Many have been reprinted in the club mag and use real world testing to provide the result.

I wouldn't calculate it using the theoretical top speed as it will be way too high without taking into account frictional and aerodynamic loses. In theory, mine will do 175mph, for example.

Edited by ferny

Thanks Ferny - probably not because the tests are not certified. There are Data that you can download which quotes the top speed as 84 mph - sometimes 85. All theoretical nonsense to me as I do not drive it that fast. 

Later today I had an email from the tester saying the TüV Datenblatt , which he can use, costs €100 so probably I will go for that pending no other official Triumph info. It is easier. 

Edited by Antonnick

• 2 years later...