strange how the postponement of the RBBR to 2021 isnt on the forum but is all over facebook?

The RBRR, Club Triumph's flagship event, would have been running right now as I type this.

Stacks of posts on Facebook and loads of good-natured banter.

And the Forum?  Nothing.  Nada.  Not a whisper.

The facts speak for themselves.

The revised forum has taken too long.

There's no way I can see the forum being anything other than a technical reference but so few people now visit the Forum that it's will be of little use due to the low number of site visitors.

With the flourishing Whatsapp group and the various dedicated Facebook pages, I think we can confidently say that the Forum has become irrelevant to all but the declining few who cling on forlornly.

Sad but true considering what we had before it was updated.

The update effectively killed it.

And we have posts on here moaning that the change of date wasn't posted on here.

For who?

Who's here to read it?

Jim.

Quoted from McJim Too-

And we have posts on here moaning that the change of date wasn't posted on here.

For who?

Who's here to read it?

Jim.

Well as you can see in the above thread there are still quite a few folk who have no inclination to use social media who would still like to get the information via the Club's Official site, and the very fact that you read the post in the first place would indicate that you are using the site as well! 

Quoted from CharlieD-
Quoted from McJim Too-

For who?

Who's here to read it?

Jim.

Well as you can see in the above thread there are still quite a few folk who have no inclination to use social media who would still like to get the information via the Club's Official site, and the very fact that you read the post in the first place would indicate that you are using the site as well! 

👍

Oh look Mum - the declining few!

Not being an advocate for Facebook - don't have too.

The numbers of CT posts in the RBRR Banter page compared to here speaks for itself.

But sorry, I forgot - you're all so worried about your intimate browsing details being harvested, you won't be able to see all the action on Facebook.

Yes, it's terrible all this harvesting by Facebook.

Totally unlike what Google, Bing, your credit card company, your bank and every other company you interact with.

Funny how you were looking at starter motors in Rimmers website, then all those starter motor adverts popped up in your e-mail.

But yes, you're right.

Naughty, naughty Facebook.

Time to wake up guys - you ALL have a footprint you can't hide from.

Jim

Jim, none of us said anything about harvesting or browsing details. You're throwing up straw men in defence of an argument I suspect you don't even remember. I object to facebook because it's full of crap and a pain to use. The posts you referred to yourself never objected to facebook's existence, or even its use. The complaint is that THE CLUB DO NOT USE THEIR OWN FORUM. That's pathetic and rubbish and shocking and ridiculous and well worth pointing out regardless of any third party noise sources that may or may not exist.

I've seen plenty of posts on here about Facebook harvesting data and because of that, they would not use it but you're right, it's not really the point.

Facebook does something extremely well that this Forum doesn't - people post on it.

Not with gaps of days between posts but in minutes over the last weekend with all the RBRR fond memories of years past.

Facebook is not the place for asking technical questions that can be accessed years later, that's what a forum is for.

The Club Facebook pages, and I remind you that they are Club Facebook pages, are well supported whereas the Forum appeals to virtually no one.

Unfortunately, what we're discussing here is a Norwegian Blue.

It's not sleeping - it's dead.

But, it seems, we have a few pet shop owners who are inclined to disagree.

Jim.

Quoted from RobPearce-

It's not as if Farceburk has just had another re-vamp that makes it even harder to navigate and even less useful, though. Oh, hang on...🙄

It's not as if the Forum has just had another re-vamp that makes it even harder to navigate and even less useful, though.  Oh, hang on .....  Oh the irony.

I love these threads.

Reading posts from people defending the indefensible, ignoring the facts and blindly chuntering on that Club members should be using a forum that, in today's media world, just doesn't cut the mustard.

It's too easy to wind you guys up and while away a few hours.

Harking back to when we had a brilliant forum that was fun to use and then criticise members for not using something as pleasant as a tooth extraction makes no sense.

This is a great club let down by poor decisions in the past, lumbering us with a forum that even those who made those poor decisions never appear on.

We were sold a pup and we've all suffered due to it.

No one's coming back - the alternatives are much more attractive and easier to use.

No slow speed.  No waiting days for a response.

Honestly, would you give up your Triumph for a horse and cart because that's basically what's on offer.

Jim.