Spam-- Entry list compromised?

Hi,

For the second time this week I get a mail re the RBRR with some link to click and wording such as "Read before Wednesday"

I would insert a screenshot if i could remember how to insert images :(

As there is no mention on the website of a "revised" RBRR it seems like spam/ Phishing to me or if it is not then very bad communication from CT. 

Anyone else had the same?

Chuus!

Dirk

You're right in your suspicions, Dirk. That is a phishing email from a scammer who has harvested some CT email addresses and subject lines. One of the people whose address was used posted a warning on Facebook but I've not seen it mentioned on here before.

One of the security issues with the website is that you can register as a user and then email people from your email client. I now have your email address. There are some settings in the forum to limit your email address i wonder how many people have used this though?

Thanks Matt / Rob,

It is a bit difficult to hide your Email address when you are model consultant, or the club should make it a 2 tier process, send the questions to a box first and then forward to the consultant...

Not that there are that many questions coming... :(

mostly these spams are caught by Microsoft and neatly rerouted to the junk folder, but these slipped through the net. 

Not a real problem for me as I am usually a suspicious person and will always hover over the links first to see if they are not blatantly rerouting you to somewhere else.

Most of those mails also offer you just enough info to make you think they are legit but nothing concrete that would give them away, as Rob said they have some headers "RBRR update" but nothing more : "Click here" which is not they way Tim usually waffles on about the event ;)

Cheerz

D

• 2 weeks later...